Recommendations for GoPro model

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sytech

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be traveling to the northern Yucatan region of Mexico in February to dive in the underwater caverns (Cenotes).

My knowledge of photography is limited but I've been told that the GoPro cameras are relatively easy to use and are rugged. I understand that the GoPro Model Black 3+ has the capability of shooting frames at a lower rate of speed which compensates for lower light levels.

I would appreciate any feedback on this matter and any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sy

The Black is the way to go, but you’ll still want/need some lights. I’m still trying to figure out the best lights for cavern diving, but know from experience that just shooting off your dive lights isn’t that great.

Yeah, the black edition is usually the way to go, smack on a couple of filters, if you want to a pair of lights. If you want more light i recommend the 1080p 30fps it's one of the cleanest modes in the camera. Also regarding low-light, this mode will look much sharper at dusk or at night vs 60 FPS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom