Recommendations in Raja Ampat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Luko I remember seeing Papua Explorer across the strait between Gam & Mansuar when I was in RADL. Their type of bungalows seem to be the traditional huts that allow for natural breeze to flow through the room, hence, no AC, so I wasn't interested in going there. However, that was back in 2010. Have they changed since?

@Luko I remember seeing Papua Explorer across the strait between Gam & Mansuar when I was in RADL. Their type of bungalows seem to be the traditional huts that allow for natural breeze to flow through the room, hence, no AC, so I wasn't interested in going there. However, that was back in 2010. Have they changed since?
Disclaimer : I haven't stayed there, made my thought meeting PE staff and at a dive show, also from feedbacks I have from dive friends, therefore my opinion is built on experience but everything seems to converge and I must say I was each time impressed with the positive feedbacks.

You're right : their bungalows don't have any AC but fan only (AC is not a NoGo requirement in my book, Alor Divers are for instance the perfect type of well built breezy bungalows without the need of AC ) but they are spacious, well aerated with a well thought terrace over the beach.

Tried to book in 2014 after meeting them (not sure they already existed yet in 2010 or that was really soft opening !?) : they were full, resumed last year and had a tentative booking but one week later I had the opportunity to go to PNG at discounted rate... Guess which one I confirmed : easy to decide between PNG (had never been at that time) and Indonesia (more than 20 trips and counting).

Disclaimer : I haven't stayed there, made my thought meeting PE staff and at a dive show, also from feedbacks I have from dive friends, therefore my opinion is built on experience but everything seems to converge and I must say I was each time impressed with the positive feedbacks.

You're right : their bungalows don't have any AC but fan only (AC is not a NoGo requirement in my book, Alor Divers are for instance the perfect type of well built breezy bungalows without the need of AC ) but they are spacious, well aerated with a well thought terrace over the beach.

Tried to book in 2014 after meeting them (not sure they already existed yet in 2010 or that was really soft opening !?) : they were full, resumed last year and had a tentative booking but one week later I had the opportunity to go to PNG at discounted rate... Guess which one I confirmed : easy to decide between PNG (had never been at that time) and Indonesia (more than 20 trips and counting).

This wimpy guy (pointing finger to myself) needs to sleep in 25C or cooler & dark room or being really tired or having a couple glasses of beers / wine before bedtime or sleeping pill to get a good sleep. I prefer the cool room though. Alor Divers bungalow that I was in back in Sep 2012, was fine with me, but not the Raja4Divers bungalow in May last year. There were no night breeze during the night. I was sweating during the night sleep with only wearing underwear. No fun!

Anyway since you will be diving Raja Ampat, anywhere is a good choice. :)

It's not pricy trip. It's half the cost & just as good as Galápagos. But the long trip is true.
Exactly, I would say anywhere in Indonesia qualifies for a good Q/P ratio (except probably Wakatobi, where I've never been but looks to me really expensive for the diving -and for the atmosphere too- if I believe a friend's feedback).

Exactly, I would say anywhere in Indonesia qualifies for a good Q/P ratio (except probably Wakatobi, where I've never been but looks to me really expensive for the diving -and for the atmosphere too- if I believe a friend's feedback).

Back in 2009, I spent $11,000 for 2 divers, 10 days & 24 dives in Wakatobi. Kept looking for manta, but none seen. I haven't been to Raja Ampat then. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom