Record dive for me - 5 Hours. ...in the chamber.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TekDiveGirl:
Interesting -- if your insurance covered it -- or even if they didn't -- would you do it for extra peace of mind?

Kimber
More needles?????:11:

I'm supposed to follow up tomorrow, so I'll ask.

TekDiveGirl:
Interesting -- if your insurance covered it -- or even if they didn't -- would you do it for extra peace of mind?

Kimber

It would be interesting to find out...

Rick,
Glad your okey

wow that was totally undeserved. your profiles are ultra conservative indeed and doesnt arise me to suspect them being the culprit. hydration could be one but i dont think so. were you fatigued before your dives or lacked sleep? im totally curious bec i am also a member of the undeserved hit club but my profiles were more agressive than yours.

also im wondering why it took you til the next day for your hit to fully materialize. but you dint seem to exhibit the more obvious symptoms like aching limbs or weak joints or even rashes? mmmmmmmm just proves youl never know when youl get hit. you seemed to follow all the rules, maybe except the bounce to 6' but thats highly unlikely???

From a 'new diver' perspective, it's disconcerting to find out that even when everything is 'done right and conservative' it can still catch you.

Glad to hear you are ok.

Bjorn

Rick Inman:
More needles?????:11:

I'm supposed to follow up tomorrow, so I'll ask.

rick. was this your first hit ever? im sure youve had more agressive profiles in the past without getting bent. do you have any suspicions on what caused your hit?

Rick -- so glad to hear you came out OK. It must have been terrifying to realize how compromised you had become.

I am sorry for the two weeks of enforced surface interval, but I know if that had been me, all I would have been thinking was, "Oh, shoot, I finally get into a DIR-F class, and now THIS!" At least you'll get to join us!

Just a question . . . do you guys have a chamber in Spokane? It would be nice for me to know, given my job.

I was right in the middle of responding to rockjock about how we are not here to judge and POOF, his post dissapeared. Glad your ok Rick Inman.

Oh, and you should be able to diagnose a PFO with an echocardiogram, which involves no needles :)

Glad to hear you're OK.

In regards to the PFO test. Get it done. My brother has been in the chamber twice. Both times were undeserved hits. Conservative profiles, shallow depths, nitrox, short bottoms times, etc, etc. After the second hit, the doctor recommended a PFO test. He had it done and It came back positive.

The PFO was not necessarily the culprit here, but it definately could be. I believe it's fairly common. Which would mean many divers could have them and not even know it, yet they come out fine every dive. They do however increase your risk for DCS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom