Recreational Diving vs Tech Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great post.....

I have decided. I will go straight from Recreational diving to buying my own submarine...

chickdiver:
2x rebreathers and training- comes in somewhere in the neighborhood of $30,000- and that is not a joke :).

Two isnt' enough :11:

Five CCRs and counting.. and it looks like a 6th is not too far in the future and still meg-less...

Forgot, one more "tech" seperation. Spending more money for a single class than most OW divers spent for BOW, mask, fins, snorkel, bc, and reg!

Comrade stroke

padiscubapro:
Two isnt' enough :11:

Five CCRs and counting.. and it looks like a 6th is not too far in the future and still meg-less...

Will you adopt me? :D

Comrade Stroke

TSandM:
Where in the list of tech diving expenses does airfare fit in? If we only had good diving caves in Washington . . . Sigh.
And yet another good reason to move to Florida.

Team Casa, your definition cracked me up :rofl3: :rofl3: But my wife made me print them out so I think I am in deep ca ca somewhere:D :D

Remember Rule 6:14: :14:

And yet another good reason to move to Florida.

Mexico, not Florida.

And the condo on the Riviera Maya may trump EVERYBODY else's tech diving expenditures . . . :D

Eskasi:
Great post.....

I have decided. I will go straight from Recreational diving to buying my own submarine...

Like James Cameron (Director - Titanic) did?

Dave

Bismark:
Team Casa, your definition cracked me up :rofl3: :rofl3: But my wife made me print them out so I think I am in deep ca ca somewhere:D :D

Remember Rule 6:14: :14:

Is it reminiscent ca ca or has she drawn the line in the sand and in the checkbook?

DAMHIKT

Dave

Teamcasa:
Here is my take on the difference between Recreational and Technical divers.<snipped>

One the plus side, the rec divers don’t laugh or think you look like a dork.

Dave
Depends on the attitude presented by the diver. This goes both ways.

In the end both tech and rec divers do it for enjoyment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom