recs for gopro vid light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I wasn't clear with my first post. I only wished to point out that the actual performance of BigBlue does not come close to the advertised performance. Make what you will about it -- I feel that it is false advertising.

I appreciate both your perspectives. Knowing it's not advertising what you're getting is helpful. I also hadn't seen the review site you noted. I'm a little skeptical because the review site itself appears to be an arm of Sola's manufacturer, but I see they seem to rate (e.g.) UW Kinetics lights pretty well and not just their own. (I'd also quibble a bit about no replication, but it appears Bigblue has a consistent problem across all their models.)

On the other hand, I appreciate lights with field-replaceable batteries and low costs.

This strikes me as one of those "useful debates" that make forums like this valuable.

Back
Top Bottom