Red Sea & M/Y Emperor Fraser

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have been invited on a trip to the Red Sea (The Brothers, Daedalus Reef and Elphinstone) and the group will be diving from M/Y Emperor Fraser in late December 2005/early January 2006. If anyone on this board has been on this liveaboard, please share your experience.

It will be my first time diving in the area. Any tips, recommendations and water temp. info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Vie

You'll have a great time.

Drysuit and/or 7 mm wetsuit with hood is recommended.
Do try to find out ahead of time which guides will be onboard. They usually can be bribed with items that are rarely available in Egypt, like marmite etc. and they will appreciate it. :D

I went on a liveaboard trip with Emperor 3 weeks ago and liked it a lot.

Laurens

El Orans:
They usually can be bribed with items that are rarely available in Egypt, like marmite etc. and they will appreciate it. :D

Thank you for the tips, Laurens. Amazingly enough, Marmite is readily available here in Bangkok.

Good luck with DIR-F.

Vie

Vie:
Thank you for the tips, Laurens. Amazingly enough, Marmite is readily available here in Bangkok.

Good luck with DIR-F.

Vie

I've been on a few Emperor liveaboards, they're a great bunch. You'll have a fantastic time. Depending on your guides, the occasional bottle of duty free Bacardi can be popular...

Water temp should be between 15-18°C depending on your depth. The real chiller will be the wind when you're kitting up/dekitting, it can get pretty strong. I'd also recommend a good jumper or fleece for sitting around chatting in the evening.

Enjoy.

In the tripe you must take care because the current is a little but strong. So, try to stay close to the reef as possible. make sure that you are wearing the right weights and take good care of the bouyance in the check dive first. Don't worry these are interesting dive sites you will enjoy them. I've never been on the emperor liveaboard before, but I heard that it is nice comfortable fleet.
Dive safe and hav a nice time there

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom