redundancy equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Complete comfort in the water would be a good start.

How about filling out your profile so we know a little more about you?

boondocksaint:
what all do you need if you want to dive solo

Backup for anything you consider critical to loose. A backup source of breathing gas is the first consideration. If you're doing deco dives I would add a backup lift bag, reel, light, mask, buoyancy device, and cutting tool. Your specific conditions will determine your backup gear as well.

--Matt

Like karstdvr said, experience. But specific experience, not just more of the same. Scenario drills really help. I'm sure that's what a lot of the course Vlahos posted up.

Also, my personal feeling is that there should be some sort of necessity for diving alone (on top of the training). Don't just give it a go because you like the idea, if you know what I mean.

It took a near miss for me to see the light. And frankly, a good buddy is just more fun. Plus, he/she will help to keep your exaggerations of UW exploits to a minimum.

JB

redundant "income" for your family.......:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom