Redundant Threads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I equate the board with dropping below the surface, I find something new each time I log on and "go diving".
Thanks for the compliment. I accept this for the entire community.

Redundancy is a good thing. Right?

My favorite trick is to not use the board's search function but rather use Google

I usually add this bit of information when recommending a search as I always have always had poor results on a site search. Of course this would be after giving the OP my perspective, especially if it is a minority view.

My opinion is that anyone that is just going to tell an OP to make a search, without giving their opinion, should go to a thread where they actually want to participate.

Bob

My opinion is that anyone that is just going to tell an OP to make a search, without giving their opinion, should go to a thread where they actually want to participate.
Sez you!!! :D :D :D

That's a good way to put it.

Reading old threads can be helpful. That is why we should remember that our posts may be read at a later date by a new poster or by someone who isn't comfortable posting. I don't like the term "lurker" somehow it seems a bit dismissive of our less expressive members.

IMHO people learn more from Active threads. Think of the difference between trying to learn by listening to a lecture or participating in a question and answer discussion.

Some people may be frustrated by the same old questions but SB needs to stay active, relevant and current. If we find the threads about the same topics annoying the best solution is to stay away from them. It is better to just participate in threads to our liking rather than discourage or belittle our newer members.

Sorry I will put away my soap box but this is a topic I feel really strongly about.

Back
Top Bottom