Reef Club- RIGHT NOW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, I guess I did not realize that you wanted conditions at The Reef Club.
No I was not there. I stayed elsewhere.
But I will say, I have to agree with Christi that $300 upgrade ain't worth it. IF you have an ocean view, are you going to be in your room more than without? To me, the room is to sleep, shower and change clothes. I do not need a view for any of those.

Wow I just read all those negative reviews of the Reef Club,That sucks cause we are staying there Feb 23-26. I might try and change to the Park Royal instead. Anybody know how the beach is at the Park Royal?

Rex

grumpymedic:
Wow I just read all those negative reviews of the Reef Club,That sucks cause we are staying there Feb 23-26. I might try and change to the Park Royal instead. Anybody know how the beach is at the Park Royal?

Rex
:hmmm: I wonder if anyone on here has stayed there lately, or has nearly everyone heard too much? I know I blasted them a bit when I got back.

There is an active thread about Allegro vs Reef Club. Might be a good read for you AI types...? :wink:

Lawman:
I checked Trip Advisor Cozumel and the people there made Reef Club sound like
Hell on earth. If they're right I should cancel right now and take the loss.
A guy I know was just there and said it was fine. Other people say it's better than before and love it. What I'm looking for is someone that was there recently and can tell me 1. The condition of the beach. Is it destroyed, under repair or what? 2. Food.
Should we plan on the buffet or on going out? Is it Army food or better? 3. Is the hotel safe ie: not contaminated food, sewage smells, etc? 4. Is a $300 upgrade to a ocean view room worth it? 5. Is construction noise a problem? Are some locations better than others? What should I ask for?

I trust the opinions of ScubaBoard people over other sites. What do you think?
In your first post you said you wanted the straight scoop, not hearsay. Then you just said you talked to someone you know yet you'll believe what someone wrote on Tripadvisor? :shakehead You'll cancel and take the loss? :confused:

How about this... show up Saturday and see where your room is. You don't like it? Ask for a new one! I do it all the time (much to my wife's chagrin). I've never been to Reef Club but pass it everytime I'm diving (been to Coz 10X in the last 5 years). The improvements they've made in the last few years are huge. The beach is fine. $300 for an upgrade? Decide on that when you get there too.

As far as the food... well, you decided on an AI. Sorry.

Fin59 gave excellent and much more patient advice. An open mind does wonders, after all you're on VACATION!

I will be there Fri for 5 days. I was there Dec 1 for a week. At that time they were working on The beach bringing in many truck loads of sand. They only worked on half the beach at a time. Still plenty of beach to walk as they have 2000' of beach. The goal was to finish by the xmas rush. There was construction on the south end of the resort again hope to finish by xmas. I'm suppose to stay in the new building Fri.
They are also completing 2 new buildings on the north end in the owners section, that should not impact you. They stop all work by 7PM.
Upgrade to an ocean view only if you want to look at water. Rooms are no bigger than others.

ASK TO STAY IN A ROOM NORTH OF THE FRONT DESK WITH A GARDEN VIEW NO HIGHER THAN 2ND FLOOR. NO PARKING LOT ROOM.
These rooms do not face a pool so they are quiet. If you want to face a pool, ask for the rooms facing the adult pool behind the Buffet restaurant but with the patio door facing the pool. This way you stay away from the construction if it is still going on.

Food is adequate it's not a 5 star dinner but no worse than the all you can eat restaurants her at home. Snack bar has fresh cooked burgers and hot dogs and really good little ribs.

Thanks again. I'm sticking with Reef Club. I'm not a Coz nubie having stayed at La Ciba before the storm. I was just getting confused by the mixed reviews of Reef Club. Many of those bad reviews were before the storm. Some were since. I just couldn't tell which to believe. I'm going and not expecting much. I'll send in a review after next week. Lou, I got your PM. I'll be looking for you. I'm the guy that looks like Brad Pitts grandfather.

We have decided to stick it out at the Reef Club as well. Hopefully we will be able to give everyone a review of the place when we get back. Be safe and I hope everybody has a great time.

Rex

\i'm at Reef Club and the place is great so far. Food good, room on the beach, everything is new. The only problem is that they have Sand Dollar and promote Dive with \martin. They don't want to help you contact anyone else and they don't have phone books. They do have this computer and it's a Godsend. Christi, \i'd like to dive with you guys for about three days starting tomorrow. \i'll trytocontact you when the guards arn't looking. \lawman yeans to get underwater.

Lawman:
\i'm at Reef Club and the place is great so far. Food good, room on the beach, everything is new. The only problem is that they have Sand Dollar and promote Dive with \martin. They don't want to help you contact anyone else and they don't have phone books. They do have this computer and it's a Godsend. Christi, \i'd like to dive with you guys for about three days starting tomorrow. \i'll trytocontact you when the guards arn't looking. \lawman yeans to get underwater.

My website is down right now 869-8574 is the shop number. I'll be here until 5:00 today!

Trying to look in the phone book may cause frustration. Theres about 5 different directories on the island, none of which have comprehensive (or necessarily correct) listings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom