Reg holder-inner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
During my 48 hour dive, I am going to need to sleep at some point. I can't use a full face mask because that would prevent me from eating and drinking during the dive. Anyway, I need something which is comfortable that will securly hold my reg in my mouth while asleep but is either quick release or stretchy so I can easily remove my reg for eating, drinking, and swapping in a reg attached to a fresh tank. Any suggestions of existing products or DIYs would be very welcome. Thanks.

If you practice with a full face mask, you can bail out of it, switch it a regular second stage and then don a regular mask. They do take a little more effort to clear when you put it back on, but some of them are positive pressure and will practically clear themselves.

If you practice with a full face mask, you can bail out of it, switch it a regular second stage and then don a regular mask. They do take a little more effort to clear when you put it back on, but some of them are positive pressure and will practically clear themselves.

I agree. Just take off the FFM when you want to eat or drink and then put it back on. Good luck.

As mentioned above, you could use a FFM and learn to clear it or you could use a Kirby Morgan SuperMask.

This is a unique FFM with the regulator pod detachable underwater to quickly use different second stages.

They are not super expensive. You can see one at United Divers in Somerville.

Kirby Morgan Dive Systems | M-48 FAQ

As mentioned above, you could use a FFM and learn to clear it or you could use a Kirby Morgan SuperMask.

This is a unique FFM with the regulator pod detachable underwater to quickly use different second stages.

They are not super expensive. You can see one at United Divers in Somerville.

Kirby Morgan Dive Systems | M-48 FAQ
I'll check the Kirby Morgan out. That would solve one of the main FFM issues which is the tank switching.

I have heard very good reports about that mask.

Here is another link with some pictures of the mask and the regulator pod.:
KIRBY MORGAN DIVE SYSTEMS SUPER MASK

Kirby Morgan SuperLite 17K Commercial Deep Sea Diving Helmet

If you wanted, you should be able to buy a second pod for a second regulator, although it would not be needed.

Say hi to Margaret from me at United Divers if you go there.

Good luck

When are you doing this dive?

I have heard very good reports about that mask.

Here is another link with some pictures of the mask and the regulator pod.:
KIRBY MORGAN DIVE SYSTEMS SUPER MASK

Kirby Morgan SuperLite 17K Commercial Deep Sea Diving Helmet

If you wanted, you should be able to buy a second pod for a second regulator, although it would not be needed.

Say hi to Margaret from me at United Divers if you go there.

Good luck

When are you doing this dive?
Thanks for the links. United Divers is a bit out of the way for me so I don't go there often but next time I do I'll be sure to say hi. The dive is scheduled for early June. A specific date is not set because I have not chosen a final location.

Back
Top Bottom