Reg thats easy for parts and self repair yet good performer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a 4" LP hose off the 1st stage to a spiltter and then hose to drysuit and the other to the BC... I did have to play around getting the lengths right..

Jim..

I use a 4" LP hose off the 1st stage to a spiltter and then hose to drysuit and the other to the BC... I did have to play around getting the lengths right..

Jim..

Thanks Jim, I'll have another play using your suggestion. I have a 21 and late 14, I have the number of ports I need but the routing is not pretty. Guess I could try a 90 degree adaptor.

I have a 21 and late 14, I have the number of ports I need but the routing is not pretty. Guess I could try a 90 degree adaptor.
I use this 90° swivel for my DS hose, and the Conshelf gives the tightest and best hose routing I've found for a single tank. OSI-PS-LP.jpg

I use this 90° swivel for my DS hose, and the Conshelf gives the tightest and best hose routing I've found for a single tank.View attachment 416152

Cheers, that's the one I was looking at. If it's possible next time you're out diving a photo of your reg on a tank showing hose routing would be very helpful. Thank you.

Edit: I guess a description would be just as helpful.

Last edited:
s-l1600.jpg

This will probably either not post the pic correctly or ebay will block it somehow.
I made my decision and just bought this for the probably way over the top amount of about $175 shipped, but that console with computer is a basic nitrox capable one that should fetch me at least $75 back if not more since you can still find them new a few places for $300. All I wanted was the regs.

I 'think' what I got here with a poor description and few details is one of the really late production conshelf 14's with the 7/16" hp port (console goes straight in without adapter) possibly even the 4lp & 1hp model if I am lucky, and adjustment ports on the side of the 2nd stages (newest style exhaust tees and mouthpieces on both that I can see). Everything appears to be in like new condition though I won't know for sure until it arrives.

Frustratingly they didn't answer my question about that before auction end and I had to just make a leap and hope for the best. Not only is there glare on the label of the first stage blocking part of the words "US DIVERS CONSHELF *****", but the second stages say neither XIV or 14 on them just "AQUA LUNG" over "US DIVERS". The guide on VDH doesn't show one that doesn't have a number at all.

I'm not good with waiting for Christmas to find out whats under the wrapping, what exactly did I get here?

It's a newer model conshelf XIV set based on the new exhaust, It should have the small plug to make adjusting the crack pressure easier... The octo has a label that says " Octopus " on it.. Hard to tell if it's a sealed supreme 1st stage.. And $175 is a fair price to pay.. The chrome looks very nice...

Jim

I don't recall ever seeing a Deep Six brand - but sounds interesting - I would question legal ramifications to the company that advertises that it can be repaired by the average diver.
Deep6 is pretty new. However, they're not the only brand who encourages self service by divers. HOG has been doing it for years. I don't know if anyone has ever tried to sue them or anything but HOG is still around after quite a few years.

View attachment 416420
This will probably either not post the pic correctly or ebay will block it somehow.
I made my decision and just bought this for the probably way over the top amount of about $175 shipped, but that console with computer is a basic nitrox capable one that should fetch me at least $75 back if not more since you can still find them new a few places for $300. All I wanted was the regs.

I 'think' what I got here with a poor description and few details is one of the really late production conshelf 14's with the 7/16" hp port (console goes straight in without adapter) possibly even the 4lp & 1hp model if I am lucky, and adjustment ports on the side of the 2nd stages (newest style exhaust tees and mouthpieces on both that I can see). Everything appears to be in like new condition though I won't know for sure until it arrives.

Frustratingly they didn't answer my question about that before auction end and I had to just make a leap and hope for the best. Not only is there glare on the label of the first stage blocking part of the words "US DIVERS CONSHELF *****", but the second stages say neither XIV or 14 on them just "AQUA LUNG" over "US DIVERS". The guide on VDH doesn't show one that doesn't have a number at all.

I'm not good with waiting for Christmas to find out whats under the wrapping, what exactly did I get here?

you got a good deal compared to buddha

you got a good deal compared to buddha

But Buddha got brand new one.... He knew the secret hand shake....

Jim...

Back
Top Bottom