Reg thats easy for parts and self repair yet good performer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got back from doing two back to back dives, one using a MK17 and G250 and the other my conshelf set. The difference was barely noticible. A little different but better? I'm not so sure. I have my conshelf second tuned on the edge and it's a very good breather.

A little late for the OP but my vote is a conshelf, you did good, congrats.

Plural..new ones. I've conveniently forgotten the price I paid. They are a joy to dive.

Just recently picked up a brand new Conshelf 14 first stage from eBay UK for around $70.

Why do you prefer a Conshelf 14 over Conshelf 21 or 22 first stage?

Why do you prefer a Conshelf 14 over Conshelf 21 or 22 first stage?

I don't, I stumbled across it on auction, it was brand new and the price was right for me so I bought it. I did note however the port locations are not identical to the 21, it routes a tad nicer, just a tad.

Just for clarity I mean the actual late model "14" designated conshelf which for the main is almost identical to the 21 and satin 22 with number and size of ports as opposed to the actual " XIV".

Last edited:
You know we keep driving up the cost of old Conshelfs & SP109's with all these threads... They are still a great/good buys out there , But you see more and more people breaking up the set and selling it.... If I win the lotto I'm buying matching brand new conshelf's for the wife and I... I know the secret hand shake...

Jim...

Conshelf XIV, Conshelf Supreme dont stay around long in my store but Conshelf 21s and SE2s set forever it seems like...

Conshelf XIV, Conshelf Supreme dont stay around long in my store but Conshelf 21s and SE2s set forever it seems like...

I've picked up 2 from you... Had to build up sets for my son and then his fiancee... I'm a hoarder of conshelfs and can't pass up a nice one...

Jim...

As a side note, Bryan.. You have the rubber seal for the supreme 1st stages...

I've picked up 2 from you... Had to build up sets for my son and then his fiancee... I'm a hoarder of conshelfs and can't pass up a nice one...

Jim...
Guess I should get busy and finish the other 4 or 5 I have waiting for rebuild and get them in the store...

Guess I should get busy and finish the other 4 or 5 I have waiting for rebuild and get them in the store...

I'll add to this thread... Anyone wanting a Conshelf 14 to keep a eye on Vintage Double Hoses site.. You get a Regulator that's ready to dive and at a very fair price.. And you don't have any surprises like buying from other online sites..

Jim...

I think the 21 is a better first stage so can only assume the platic seconds make the difference in regards to sales. That and most threads talk almost exclusively about the "XIV". I'm with Jim and have begun hoarding but at this stage only ones I come across in pristine condition, 21s and 14s that is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom