Regulator advise request

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I started diving with Scubapro regulators in the 80's and still have one that I use as a backup. They make great stuff. The last few years I have been diving with Atomic regulators. I like the way they breath a bit better. I have a couple of B2 and find the swivel very comfortable when I'm doing a lot of diving. I looked at their higher end models this year (I was replacing a backup regulator) and decided to get another B2. I like that the service interval is every 2 years. I also don't need the environmental seal for the kind of diving I do and the cost for the service is much higher with the seal.

If the oriface is damaged then the 1st stage is probably beyond repair unless it is replaceable eg. Apeks FSR. The other Apeks regs do NOT have this luxury.
I do not know if Aqualung Apex has this design on its 1st stage.

which oriface are you talking about? All of the Apeks and Aqualung regs I have worked on can have the oriface replaced with a replacement DIN or Yoke kit.

which oriface are you talking about? All of the Apeks and Aqualung regs I have worked on can have the oriface replaced with a replacement DIN or Yoke kit.
The one where the HP valve(AP1419) meet! Only the FSR has ARCAP(AP5721) which is deep inside the valve body(AP5720/S).
DS4, DST, FST and US1 & 4 do not have this feature.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom