Regulator Choice

Whish is the best env. sealed reg choice ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am with you on the X650... I have one I am going to throw away. It is the nicest breathing regulator when upright, but go inverted and be prepared to breath salt water... it leaks due to the design of the exhaust valve. The 250 was not quite as good, but is dry in any position.

Diving_is_a_passion:
As far as cold water performance, all of the regs you have listed will prove reliable and will last years with a little bit of care.

Of the choices, I prefer the MK17/X650, although I would change the X650 into the G250V. The G250V has recently been released, replacing the G250HP. It has a metal air barrel, meaning that it will breath with moisture helping eliminate dry mouth. The G250V is identical to the old Graphite G250. IMO, For SP, this is a step in the right direction because some of their old designs are better than their current ones. It depends on your budget, but the MK17/G250V will work for anything and has decent routing.

keyshunter:
I believe he means above ambient psi.
Not meaning to pick nits, but does that mean the tank is down to 2 bar/30 psi when the device closes?

John

Zeagle Flathead VI

Thalassamania:
You're missing three other excelent choices: Poseidon, Atomic and Mares.
Can you tell me which of the Poseidon, Atomic and Mares are env. sealed. My previous experience is to buy the best that I can afford (within reason) straight off and not fool around with half measures unless I have to. I looked over the Apeks links and I would get the swivel hose and the wide exhause tee if I go with Apeks. I have a while to decide (have to save up the $$$) so everyone chime in. I don't know if we can add regs. to the poll but I would like to do that if they are reliable, env. sealed and suitable for both cold and warm water.

SharpDog:
Can you tell me which of the Poseidon, Atomic and Mares are env. sealed. My previous experience is to buy the best that I can afford (within reason) straight off and not fool around with half measures unless I have to. I looked over the Apeks links and I would get the swivel hose and the wide exhause tee if I go with Apeks. I have a while to decide (have to save up the $$$) so everyone chime in. I don't know if we can add regs. to the poll but I would like to do that if they are reliable, env. sealed and suitable for both cold and warm water.
All are available in sealed models. The Atomic is a "Super Premium" and VERY expensive with the Poseidon not far behind. If price is a consideration (and when is it not?), I'd get the OCEANIC Delta 4 or the MARES Proton Ice Extreme or the MARES ABYSS with a CWD.

I'd try posiedons xtream. Breathes great, some ppl are worried about service

I voted "other" = I'm an Atomic M1 fan and its environmentally sealed. Great reg breathes very well.

80% nitrox out of the box too just as an fyi. Maintenance costs are a little higher since it's packed with cristo lube

Cheers

-s

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom