Regulator cleaning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

808SUBDVR

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a regulator that i bought in eearly january and have not been able to use it yet, but will be this coming weekend. Are there any thins I should look for on the reg since it has been over six months since i bought it and still haven't used it yet? Also, if cleaning is necessary what are some good products to use? thanks

I haven't actually used it yet, that is my main concern. I do agree that if it had been used before hand about getting it serviced.

Your first post sounds like you bought the reg new, but haven't used it, correct? If it's new and you bought it from a reputable source, you should be able to expect that it's dive ready. Have fun.

test dive it-it may have to be tuned a bit
other than that-rock it
regs sit in factory warehouses and retail stores for a long time,on occasion
hence the test dive
have fun
yaeg

Your first post sounds like you bought the reg new, but haven't used it, correct? If it's new and you bought it from a reputable source, you should be able to expect that it's dive ready. Have fun.

That is correct. I wanted to make sure that i do not need to worry about in dust or anything that may have settled in it. Thanks.

---------- Post added June 24th, 2013 at 02:16 PM ----------

test dive it-it may have to be tuned a bit
other than that-rock it
regs sit in factory warehouses and retail stores for a long time,on occasion
hence the test dive
have fun
yaeg

Thanks as well. For a test dive, should it be shallow/medium/deep depth? Also, how would I go about tuning it? The reg is an Aqualung Legend LX.

I had a reg set up wrong at the retailer.

Luckily I tested it before I got to where I was diving and made sure it was square. It wasn't.

I'd put it on a full tank at the very least and make sure it's breathing and not making a horrible noise like my brand new one was.

As others have mentioned, it should be ok to dive. However, I would recommend reading this sticky about regulator inspection. The IP gauge is pretty cheap at Dive Gear Express.

Like any untested gear pay attention, be conservative and practice good buddy skills.
Pete

As for cleaning just soak and rinse in sun warmed eater

Back
Top Bottom