Regulator configuration for rec diving

What is your regulator configuration for rec diving?

• Short hose primary with integrated second

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • 40 " primary with integated second

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • 5 or 7 foot primary with integrated second

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Short hose primary with 40" Octo

Votes: 26 16.4%
  • 40" primary with short hose bungeed second

Votes: 36 22.6%
  • 5 or 7 foot primary with short hose bungeed second

Votes: 68 42.8%
  • Other, explain in post

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • A version of sidemount

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • A version of double hose

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I rec dive SM. One long hose, short hose reg on a necklace. My single tank set has a long hose and necklaced secondary.

For single tank, single hose regulators:
40" hose primary routed under arm with an elbow at the second stage AND a necklaced second stage on a 22" hose.

For my double hose regulator I have the same 40" hose under my arm, but of course that becomes my donor, so it's fastened to a chest D ring with a pull away.

I see your edit, and I raise you one edit (the above is for backmount.)

When I dove a standard recreational setup. Under arm primary, necklaced backup.
Not much of a transition to sidemount.

Long hose has it's place. But in single tank recreational setup it is more of a nuisance than a benefit. If you find a benefit in a long hose, you are probably not in a recreational dive scene. And this is a question about recreational dive configuration, not advanced configuration. That thread is down the hall.

5’ primary, short hose bungeed secondary. Also a 40 cf pony when diving solo. I do NOT remove my bungeed second when solo diving.

Long hose has it's place. But in single tank recreational setup it is more of a nuisance than a benefit. If you find a benefit in a long hose, you are probably not in a recreational dive scene. And this is a question about recreational dive configuration, not advanced configuration. That thread is down the hall.

Completely disagree my long hose has come in handy. In fact the only time I've used it was single tank diving. I don't find it a nuisance at all.

I disagree completely. I find the long hose primary & bungeed second the most streamlined and functional setup for recreational diving. It’s not a nuisance at all.

Back
Top Bottom