Regulator for tec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP:

Sounds rather extreme.
40m down, 20m in, just a bit of cave, single tank, while just starting to consider tech, much less completed cavern/cave
is rather outside the recommendations. I would consider more carefully where your tech friend is leading you. And how soon.

All the Scuba Pro is world wide and great and others are risky bit. SP makes good stuff. So do others.

While I'm commenting, SP makes a sealed turret MK19 that is not available in the US but might be where you are. Others with sealed turrets are Apeks, Deep6, DiveRite, Hog. You do not need sealed for cold where you are, but it keeps grit and salt out as well, simplifying maintenance worries.

Mk19? I havent heard of this. Did this come out already?

You are making a pretty bold value judgement. You are right that Scubapro is the largest vendor in the world and their products are excellent but that comes at a cost premium, both in initial cost and maintenance costs. Scubapro, more than any other vendor, designs their equipment to require the use of scubapro specific special tools and they are very closed about selling parts and tools to other than LDSs. There are others that are challenging this model, and with good cause. Other industries have moved away from the sell only through local shops model because of the internet. Deep6, DGX, and HOG come to mind as challengers with products that are at least as good if not having the same worldwide support network.

What you are suggesting is false in the most part. ALL SP specific tools can be bought from MANY vendors very easily around the globe by anyone without having to be an LDS or an authorized dealer/distributor. In fact, ALL of the SP specific tools I have, I bought them from non-SP vendors NOT Scubapro itself. I have never bought a SP tool from SP, I always buy them from other vendors who designed and manufactured them themselves. Also, the "specific" tools are usually very few, one or two, when you are working on your own regulator(s) of the same model so the cost is very small and isn't much higher than buying generic tools.

In regards to maintenance costs, no different from any other vendor. I have several brands (although I am phasing out Mares, Cressi and AL now) in my dive center's fleet and they all cost the same to service. I am standardizing on SP (and some Atomic) because they are top performers, easy to get parts and tools for and they are supported by a company that has presence ALL OVER the world.

The brands you mention are nothing compared to SP in quality, financial stability, worldwide presences and ability to support the international market or performance (you are putting DGX, a dive shop, as a competitor to Scubapro worldwide???). In fact they are totally insignificant in comparison to SP especially worldwide presence, stability and financial backing and support.

What you are suggesting is false in the most part. ALL SP specific tools can be bought from MANY vendors very easily around the globe by anyone without having to be an LDS or an authorized dealer/distributor. In fact, ALL of the SP specific tools I have, I bought them from non-SP vendors NOT Scubapro itself. I have never bought a SP tool from SP, I always buy them from other vendors who designed and manufactured them themselves. Also, the "specific" tools are usually very few, one or two, when you are working on your own regulator(s) of the same model so the cost is very small and isn't much higher than buying generic tools.

In regards to maintenance costs, no different from any other vendor. I have several brands (although I am phasing out Mares, Cressi and AL now) in my dive center's fleet and they all cost the same to service. I am standardizing on SP (and some Atomic) because they are top performers, easy to get parts and tools for and they are supported by a company that has presence ALL OVER the world.

The brands you mention are nothing compared to SP in quality, financial stability, worldwide presences and ability to support the international market or performance (you are putting DGX, a dive shop, as a competitor to Scubapro worldwide???). In fact they are totally insignificant in comparison to SP especially worldwide presence, stability and financial backing and support.

wonderful...point me to the site where I can buy a service kit for a scubapro mk25/S620...or any other currently sold scubapro regulator, that is not a black market seller. You can't, because the scubapro model, despite making great products, is reliant on a closed network rather than an open one. They make great products as I have said several times, and they do in fact have a worldwide network, but all that comes at a cost in both initial procurement and maintenance. If you are willing to pay for that, great, if not thern there are other options.

Id be interested where to buy the tool for attachingthe stage 2 to the hose. Without buying from the lds.

I have to agree on sp being a worldwide company with support and such. Well that comes at a cost.

Yes ive been tempted by deep6 abd dgx regulators

Quite honestly i buy dgx stuffs.. flashlights, boltsnaps, accessories.

But i live in the other side of the world. philippines. While yes its a divers haven. We get to dive in our backyards. With dive shops scattered all over. Oh we have 7107islands plus a few that hasnt been discovered lol. Tropical all year round. And yes we dive on rainy days too.... we dive just to get wet as some would go malling ... we just dive and look around. And as a local. Weve befriended boat operators and dive shops. Dealt directly. Some dive shops just ask us to pay for the tank. 3$ including the use of the shower. A local boat with crew good for 5-6 divers is 60$ . Marine fee is 3-5$ per diver. Hell diving is cheaper than going to the malls! For a total cost of 30$ we hVe a whole day diving on a boat with lunch. Dont go looking for these prices you wont find them . A Commercial led dive here would cost 20-30$ . Yeah they make a lot

But like i said... i live in the other parts of the world... no parts or skill to fix or overhaul a regulator means... NO Diving

Rentals? 20$ for a full set for a day. Now why would i wana do that? When i have my own gears.

Some friends dive 2-3 x a week. Thats a minimum of 2 dives a day. Did 3 that was crazy.

So support from manufacturers mean a lot

wonderful...point me to the site where I can buy a service kit for a scubapro mk25/S620...or any other currently sold scubapro regulator, that is not a black market seller. You can't, because the scubapro model, despite making great products, is reliant on a closed network rather than an open one. They make great products as I have said several times, and they do in fact have a worldwide network, but all that comes at a cost in both initial procurement and maintenance. If you are willing to pay for that, great, if not thern there are other options.

You started out talking about "scubapro specific special tools" and now, after your argument has been shattered, you switch to something else. I can buy spare parts no problem in addition to tools.

You started out talking about "scubapro specific special tools" and now, after your argument has been shattered, you switch to something else. I can buy spare parts no problem in addition to tools.

“ shattered”....Melodramatic much? I mentioned special tools and parts in the same sentence. If you have a non black market source for parts please post the link for all too use.

“ shattered”....Melodramatic much? I mentioned special tools and parts in the same sentence. If you have a non black market source for parts please post the link for all too use.
Did you train to overhaul deep6 reg? Or is it basic engineering skil? So does deep6 selll the overhaul kit?

Just to be clear on this tangent, 'you' seem to be a dive shop that stocks SP, from your posts above. Others are just divers. So that 'you' can buy spare parts is not so surprising.

I am not a "Dive Shop" at all. I am a "Dive School". Very different terms with different implications. I can buy spare parts, tools, etc. from many sources other than Scubapro itself no problem at all.

You can find them on the internet yourself as I did. I am not interested in helping you at all.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom