Regulator ID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, Herman,

I wasn't aware that there was a 4 port design of the MK5.

I know the 2 port ones can be used with an Air-2. That's what I did with mine. But, yeah... you can also carry a "Spare Air" :wink: I would characterize using an Air-2 to solve such a problem in the context of modern gear as a kludge. It was an adequate solution in the transition period but it's out of date, imo.

R..

I have a 4 port on the bench now...there was a 5 port as well, with the port coming out the end. I agree with you on the AIR2 and similar regs but some like them.

On second viewing it looks like he has the 5 port one.

Dave, I take back what I said about the Scubapro reg above. I think once you get it serviced and put an octopus on it, you'll be good to go.

R..

Thanks everybody!

Diver0001- thanks for the clarification

Herman- FYI, it is a 5 port, with the 5th on the bottom.

just to satisfy my curiosity, what are the visual differences between the mk5 and mk10. I was checking out the Scubapro website and on their "timeline" they have pics. Mine seemed to match the mk10... I don't really care which it is, other than to know...

planning on dropping it off at the LDS tomorrow for service, and looking forward to diving with it!

dave

Hi Dave, here is a picture of a Mk10:

mk10.jpg

Somtimes sellers on ebay mistake a Mk5 for a Mk10 because they do look similar at a glance, but look closely and you'll see the differences.

Yours is a Mk-5, with the heavier yoke.

FYI, I have one exactly like yours.... very nice first stage, easy to work on... and again, many of the "usual suspects" own and service the Mk5 / -109 combo, and can answer lots of questions for you as they arise.

Best wishes.

The easiest way to tell the difference is where the abmient holes are (4 to 6 holes in the body where you can see the spring inside of the reg). In the 5 they are in the middle section between the main body and the turrent. On the 10, they are in the main body, the middle section is more or less smooth other than spanner holes that do not penetrate the part (middle left on LTs photo). There are a lot of varients of both bodies. For example, my 10 does not have the narrower section next to the yoke like the one in LeadTruns photo.

When you take it to the shop, do not let them hand you a bunch of crap that it is "old", unservicable or not as good as a modern reg....leave and find a better shop. Hopefully you will have a good shop with a good tech.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom