Regulator Intermediate Pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree you can adjust the IP without an in-line adjustment tool. On most regs that means removing the LP hose a few times to make each adjustment, and the major issue there is time.

In line adjustment tools are pretty useless on some regs - like a D400, Poseidon second stage, etc.

In line adjustment tools are not needed at all on most Dacor second stages where the adjustment was done externally after removing a C-clip by pressing in and turning the hose to engage and rotate the orifice.

Finally, inline adjustment tools are pretty useless on double hose regs as well.

----

But with that said, they are nice to have and make adjusting the regs that use them a much simpler, faster and more precise process. I have several and I tend to pick them up now and then on e-bay as they come in some very interesting shapes and designs.

I agree you can adjust the IP without an in-line adjustment tool. On most regs that means removing the LP hose a few times to make each adjustment, and the major issue there is time........

Larry, I'm sure you know this and just made a fingerfehler; but for other reading this, that line should read:

" you can adjust the cracking pressure without an in-line adjustment tool." The IP is adjusted on the first stage.

I thought the ip was set at the first stage. I'm sure I'm missing something here, I thought the inline tool was for the second stage. Please excuse my ignorance. I have a bunch of the conshelf first stages and the ip is adjustable with a screw driver. My epic edge, I have no clue how to adjust that. But since my HOG seconds are adjustable that is not so much an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The inline tool is used for the second stage to set it's (cracking) adjustment to the IP (that is desired or specified).

Conshelfs kick 109 aXX. :wink:

N

I thought the ip was set at the first stage. I'm sure I'm missing something here, I thought the inline tool was for the second stage....

That is correct. The Intermediate Pressure is set on the first stage. This thread began with a question about IP, and I know this rarely happens, then morphed into the use of an inline adjustment tool which is used to adjust the cracking pressure of the second stage while under pressure.

LOL I just saw you beat me to the punch. I looked at my edge epic schematics, adjusting should be easy. Knock wood.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

... a Mares Rover 2 (my "backup" reg), measures a bit high (160 PSI)..... So, questions: 1) is the 160 PSI value too high for this regulator, and 2) how and where do I find the "recommended" IP value?

Yeah, its too high. As you can see from the attached table, all mares 1st stages are adjusted to 142-148psi, with few exceptions- nothing above 152. Could you post a photo of your 1ststage, I bet its an unbalanced piston and therefore not adjustable externally.

Ive already answered your 2nd question with some regret- you should be going to your local mares dealer with technical questions on regulator adjustment, not the internet.

Attachments

• mares 1st.jpg
    mares 1st.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 305
Ive already answered your 2nd question with some regret- you should be going to your local mares dealer with technical questions on regulator adjustment, not the internet.

Do you believe that local Mares dealers would have given him an answer?

Yeah, its too high. As you can see from the attached table, all mares 1st stages are adjusted to 142-148psi, with few exceptions- nothing above 152. Could you post a photo of your 1ststage, I bet its an unbalanced piston and therefore not adjustable externally.

If you really believe that, why did you answer? Should he disregard your information because he found it on the internet?

I know of one mares dealer that lies and says they cannot give that info out to the public. They need to do all tuning and adjusting. Became aware of them after a friend had me fix a reg they just serviced and tuned. I'd trust the advice of some of the guys here before them.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom