Regulator Intermediate Pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This "internet" bashing gets me befuddled. Sure, if you just do a google on something randomly, with no other background, then the info is to be considered with prudence. But, here, the informal group known as the "Usual Suspects" which consists variously of Herman, Luis, Couv and Halocline and forgive me if I left any out, what they tell you can be taken to the bank and cashed in. It is peer reviewed, right here scuba board.

N

This "internet" bashing gets me befuddled.
N

It is a rather common problem in certain circles - I was pleasantly surprised Steve provided as much helpful information as he did:

Dive Classification:Dive Shop Owner / Employee

.OP, there is more to getting the IP right then just gauging it- You can see from the chart that piston-style 1st stages have a wide range of acceptable IP's- it will go up or down based on inlet pressures... I wonder if your high reading (160psi) was taken from a tank with maybe 3500psi? Detail like this is something that is easy to get misconstrued on the internet. Set an appointment with your local tech to have them walk you through it

Do you believe that local Mares dealers would have given him an answer?

It is a rather common problem in certain circles - I was pleasantly surprised Steve provided as much helpful information as he did:
Dive Classification:Dive Shop Owner / Employee

You automatically assume im the enemy because I work for a LDS? Not cool man.

If you really believe that, why did you answer? Should he disregard your information because he found it on the internet?

Caveat Emptor.

You automatically assume im the enemy because I work for a LDS? Not cool man.

Caveat Emptor.

Not at all. It was your post that made me suspicious. Your profile just confirmed my suspicion. As I said, I was pleasantly surprised at the help you offered. That was not typical of a diver with financial interests in an LDS. But your caveat set off the warning signal.

Back to your original question, the Rover is an unbalanced piston design with 152 as it's upper limit, set with a 2900 psi tank. As with all unbalanced regs, the actual IP will shift as tank pressure shifts. With it set at it's upper limit (with the proper tank pressure) and a very full tank, 3k or better, you are going to be pushing the 160 mark. Add in a few PSI of inaccuracy for your IP gauge and/or a generous tank fill and you can easily hit the 160 mark. As long as it's stable, does not creep and your second stages don't freeflow at depth, I would not be too concerned at this point. The exact IP is not critical, it being stable is. When it's rebuilt....or if you are the pickly sort like I tend to be, I would reset it to be more in line with my other regs. This is not so much for performance of the reg but I like to keep all my regs at one IP. That removes the need to keep up with which reg is set where and more importantly, it allows me to move seconds around if I want without the need to readjust them.

But, here, the informal group known as the "Usual Suspects" which consists variously of Herman, Luis, Couv and Halocline and forgive me if I left any out,
N

Awap, DA Aquamaster, Zung, and of course Nemrod....lots more I'm sure

I agree that this is essentially a peer-reviewed forum. I know whenever I write something wrong, some helpful soul immediately steps up to correct me....or I get a phone call from Luis!:D

I know of one mares dealer that lies and says they cannot give that info out to the public. They need to do all tuning and adjusting.. I'd trust the advice of some of the guys here before them.

Yeah, it's nice to be able to ignore the drivel of weasels. Death to the weaselly weasels. :martini:

Awap, DA Aquamaster, Zung, and of course Nemrod....lots more I'm sure

I agree that this is essentially a peer-reviewed forum. I know whenever I write something wrong, some helpful soul immediately steps up to correct me....or I get a phone call from Luis!:D

You get those calls too...now I don't feel so alone. :)

lol.gif

Back
Top Bottom