Regulator Repair or Replace? That is the Question.

Repair or replace? What would you do in my situation?

• Buy an inexpensive, new one each year.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In fairness, Afterdark missed out on something like six weeks of diving fixing his car.... only so the engine could fall out of his wife’s car....
Actually it was 3 weekends on my car and 1 weekend on wife's car. Engines don't fall out of cars, it isn't possible without catastrophic damage to the main crossover and separation from the transmission. Her car did need 2 new axle shafts, oil change, power steering pump, and a 1 ball joint that was stuck so bad in the steering knuckle it needed a wedge between it and the control arm, the steering knuckle heated to cherry red, and me on the end of a 6' railroad pinch bar to free it! Rust never sleeps.

However the weather has been what has kept me out of the water mostly this year. I made a decision a few years ago to dive quality dives only. So if the weather doesn't look, good wind speed/direction, wave heights that do not invite good visibility than I stay home and get things I've been neglecting, done.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom