Regulator Service Costs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

why didn't you ask the lds when you paid for the service?

As for the price, we all know it will vary across this continent so why even judge the prices from one side of this country to another. LDS have bills and want to make a living, you don't like the price in your area, shop around.

Still wondering why this poster is asking here what his 80 bucks covered instead of asking his LDS

you could jus' buy another brand new reg after 2-3 yrs...

parts kits @ $60 ? plastic an metal bits? $60 ? whatever... highwayfreakin'robbery...

Holy Goshmoly - can I be your LDS? Those rates are outrageous, and tool and training investment aside, if a shop is serious about servicing equiiopment then they need to run that part of their business in a cost effective manner too. Shop around, you can do much better than that.

What brands to you service?

My regs are not under warranty, no I don't have to suffer that annual service B/S. The whole warranty B/S is mostly a marketing ploy with a side benefit of covering up for divers who forget to clean their regs or are ignorant of the obvious warning signs of a poorly performing reg.

I have an LDS that knows what he is doing. He will open, clean and inspect them for $30 a set, which I have done every 2 year or if something is not working tip-top.

IF they really need a service, he does it and it cost more. Rarely do they need a full service. They seem to be good for at least 200 dives with proper cleaning and care on my part.

That the other advantage of diaphragm 1st stages. If you open up a piston 1st like the Scubapro MK5/10 without replacing the seat, you have at least a 50/50 chance of IP creep because of a possible groove misalignment.

That the other advantage of diaphragm 1st stages. If you open up a piston 1st like the Scubapro MK5/10 without replacing the seat, you have at least a 50/50 chance of IP creep because of a possible groove misalignment.

I have had good luck reusing HP seats in my Mk5/7/10 by leaving them undisturbed in the seat retainer. Retightening the seat retainer seems to restore their original position in relation to the piston.

You're right. The concentricity of these pistons/bodies seems to be good. I've also managed to swap spring, add/remove shims a few times and got away with it. I marked the position of the seat retainer.

Back
Top Bottom