Regulator set up cost.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver below 83

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I’m putting together my regulator set and using a mix of brands. So I’m assuming I’m going to need to have the IP adjusted on the whole set. So what should I expect to pay to have my whole system “matched ip wise” 1st, 2nd, octo and spg? Or should I just hope the first time I get no free flows from it being a Frankenstein setup and all the IP’s are good?
Everything is new and unused. The 1st and 2nd are matching brands but I didn’t buy them as a set. So they weren’t adjusted together, but would it be safe to assume they should be adjusted within tolerances of each other? So essentially the octo would be the odd one out at that point. Appreciate the help

What brands and where did you buy them?

I have seen some brand new in box first stages with IP that was out of spec. If you bought a first stage w a 2nd stage as a combo, one might hope they were ch checked out together, but I would not assume that.

On your “octo”... some sold as an octo, will be de tuned to prevent free flows. What brand and model?

You should buy an IP gauge and take a quick look at what’s going on.

What brands and where did you buy them?

I have seen some brand new in box first stages with IP that was out of spec. If you bought a first stage w a 2nd stage as a combo, one might hope they were ch checked out together, but I would not assume that.

On your “octo”... some sold as an octo, will be de tuned to prevent free flows. What brand and model?

You should buy an IP gauge and take a quick look at what’s going on.

1st and second are both deep 6 rigs. Both directly from deep 6.

The octo is an XS scuba Altair. It was bought from a divers pony set up. He removed it for his own personal choice and sold me the Altair.

Your reg tech will make it work. It is not usually a problem to mix brands unless you are trying to use something out of the ordinary that calls for an out of the ordinary IP. I don’t know what a reg service costs these days as I do my own. Depending where you take it you may get gouged because you screwed them out of a sale so they will make up for it by diving into your wallet.

1st and second are both deep 6 rigs. Both directly from deep 6.

The octo is an XS scuba Altair. It was bought from a divers pony set up. He removed it for his own personal choice and sold me the Altair.

I seriously doubt you will have any issue, but you might talk to XS scuba about the IP of that alt air setup.

It’s always good to check the IP on new reg set. Or one you have not used in a while.

It’s a pretty safe bet that the alt air 2nd stage it not a very easy breather, and will probably not cause you any issues with free flows.

Since you are on the path w deep6, now you really need to get an IP gauge and learn how to monitor your own gear status. Not that there’s anything wrong with them, just that you are now officially bucking the system, and the LDS gods may not be happy with you.

Depending where you take it you may get gouged because you screwed them out of a sale so they will make up for it by diving into your wallet.

Maybe just to protect yourself get a price before you ok the work...

I seriously doubt you will have any issue, but you might talk to XS scuba about the IP of that alt air setup.

It’s always good to check the IP on new reg set. Or one you have not used in a while.

It’s a pretty safe bet that the alt air 2nd stage it not a very easy breather, and will probably not cause you any issues with free flows.

Since you are on the path w deep6, now you really need to get an IP gauge and learn how to monitor your own gear status. Not that there’s anything wrong with them, just that you are now officially bucking the system, and the LDS gods may not be happy with you.

According to my xs altair manual the octo should be 140. +- IP

I would expect them all to work together just fine as is.

They should.

...but it’s always a good idea to test out a new set of gear before you splash

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom