Regulator storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That isn't bad.
The last time I looked at a Pelican was for a rifle I had. Their rifle cases were pricy.
Yeah the smaller ones are not quite as much. Just remember if you decide to get one don't go with the darker colored ones. They'll heat up in the sun and cook everything inside.

Yeah the smaller ones are not quite as much. Just remember if you decide to get one don't go with the darker colored ones. They'll heat up in the sun and cook everything inside.

You ain't kidding. Years ago I used to collect milsurp rifles. They often came soaked in cosmoline. I had an old black hard case I never used, and I would wrap the rifle in a towel, put it in the case in the sun. It was amazing how much oil "cooked" out.

You ain't kidding. Years ago I used to collect milsurp rifles. They often came soaked in cosmoline. I had an old black hard case I never used, and I would wrap the rifle in a towel, put it in the case in the sun. It was amazing how much oil "cooked" out.
Yeah it's crazy how hot stuff can get when it absorbs heat from the sun. Especially in the southern sun in July and August. And the last thing you wanna cook is your regs and computer.

How do you keep the purge button depressed? A big rubber band?
Did you buy the Atomic? You don't need to worry about that, the Seat Saver Orifice does the same thing.
On other brands while stored it can imprint over time - IIRC that leads to IP creep but I'm not positive.

I store my Atomics in their padded case. Inside the house in a cool closet (I live in AZ so the heat in the garage can be severe)

When I travel they ride loose in the lid of my carry-on - in the space most people would put dress clothes.

Last edited:
How do you keep the purge button depressed? A big rubber band?

Depends on the reg. Many have some type of a device built in. A loop of bungee and a water bottle cap work on many. Scubapro metals came with a device you slip between the rubber cover and the metal cover that will do the job. My original pilot just does not need it. Not necessary with SP D-series since the mechanical spring force is fairly light.

I don't think depressing the purge button for storage is really needed, except maybe if you plan on storing it for years at a time.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom