Reminder about unavoidable OOAs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it possible that the reg was dropped when it was installed on a tank previously to this dive outting? and has this happened to only three regs out of the thousands out there.also does anyone know when these regs were built.( year and month) could be a clue there

geraldp:
So maybe it got some sand stuck in it, and maybe it wasn't put back together properly. I'll find out I guess when I get back to the shop with it.
Just a quick follow-up... I took my SS1 into the shop yesterday. The internal adjustment was very badly off. He readjusted it, then put some lock-tite on the screw that held the inflator valve on (the part that fell off). Anyway, it looks like I'll have to give some thought about where to send my gear out for maintenance from now on.

Xman:
My first stage (Scubapro Mk20) had blown itself in half. The lp end (swivel end) had blown clean off the hp end.

Sounds like someone needs to invest in a torque wrench. This is what happens if you over tighten the bolt securing the swivel top to the body of the first stage. This bolt used to be brass, now it is SS. But it will still come apart if someone not trained to service this regulator over tightens it.

mart

Back
Top Bottom