Removing the condom cath

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did a trial run today. I measured and got samples of the one by measurement and one up, one down. I found the one that fit the best and wore it around the house for a few hours. Used to bathroom to make sure it didn't leak and removed it.

For removal I took one of the anti adhesive wipes started at the base/bottom. The cath started coming off on it's own with the wipe. I then slowly worked my way up rolling it, if I felt any tugging I wiped along where it still contacted the skin. Came off with zero pain.

Thanks for the tips everyone.

I did a trial run today. I measured and got samples of the one by measurement and one up, one down. I found the one that fit the best and wore it around the house for a few hours. Used to bathroom to make sure it didn't leak and removed it.

For removal I took one of the anti adhesive wipes started at the base/bottom. The cath started coming off on it's own with the wipe. I then slowly worked my way up rolling it, if I felt any tugging I wiped along where it still contacted the skin. Came off with zero pain.

Thanks for the tips everyone.

just keep in mind peeing in one without being underwater in a dry suit doesn’t mean one won’t leak. Most catch’s will hold fine until there’s a little back pressure from a slightly less than ideal hose routing. That’s when you will really know if it fits right. And taking them off after a long day of diving will be a different experience as well. So just be prepared.

just keep in mind peeing in one without being underwater in a dry suit doesn’t mean one won’t leak. Most catch’s will hold fine until there’s a little back pressure from a slightly less than ideal hose routing. That’s when you will really know if it fits right. And taking them off after a long day of diving will be a different experience as well. So just be prepared.

I know but best test I could do under the circumstances. I got more than sample so text test will be at around 30 feet.

I know but best test I could do under the circumstances. I got more than sample so text test will be at around 30 feet.

The next test will be whether you can actually pee in a drysuit, in the water. If you can manage that, the next test after that is can you pee while in the water and swimming. :D

pfft. go hardcore and use a catheter.

The next test will be whether you can actually pee in a drysuit, in the water. If you can manage that, the next test after that is can you pee while in the water and swimming. :D
I know several divers that can't pee prone, they have to go vertical in the water column in order to pee.

Michael

I've never suffered a Foley catether without having a UTI a week later.

Michael

try cranberry juice.

OK, if you say so. The next time I get so badly bent that I can't walk or pee for 3 days I'll start drinking lots of cranberry juice.

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom