Rentadora ISIS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lateralus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey, I've been going back and forth with Margarita from Rentadora ISIS.

It seem a little bit unprofessional, I don't understand her emails.

She just told me (in hard to understand email) that it is reserved, she never told me a total.

I might add her online rate which I wanted was a bit different.

Going to give them the benefit of the doubt. What you guys think?

I think they are an honest, disorganized, family business that speaks and writes poorly in English, but offer good inexpensive service to many.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

ALDORA DIVERS

I think English isn't Margarita's native language and that she is an absolutely fantastic lady.

If she tells you it's reserved, it is.

I don't really understand what you're saying with "I might add her online rate which I wanted was a bit different." Are you saying that in her email she quoted a price other than what is on her website at http://www.islacozumel.net/services/isis/ ? If so, just send her an email back (in simple, correctly-punctuated English) to clarify. An example might be: "I think the online price for the convertible Beetle I want to rent is $35 dollars per day. Your email said $40 per day, so I want to be sure we are talking about the same car."

Are you sure you didn't just say "convertible" and she's reserved a convertible Chevy for you at $40 per day?

If you are both non-native English speakers, there is much more room for misunderstandings.

Edit: Dave writes so much more quickly and succinctly than I do.

Margarita (Isis owner) is the nicest, most honest person you are likely to meet renting cars.

If you are fluent in Spanish, then you may be able to minimize misunderstandings. If not, English is not her native language and to whatever degree you may fault her for that, her integrity and honesty far outweighs that.

Disclaimer. I have rented from her on several occasions and respect her immensely.

I've been renting from Margarita for five years. Never had a problem. Email her back and have her clarify that she is reserving exactly what you want. The total has always been correctly posted on the website, just multiply how many days you want. There are no discounts for weekly or monthly rental, and no add ons such as insurance, etc. She is very pleasant to do business with and very honest.

For what it's worth, we just walked into her shop, asked to rent a car, she talked to her guys in Spanish for a few minutes, they went to get the car, and she had me fill out paperwork, and took my credit card imprint for a deposit.

The next day, we returned the car, and she asked for payment (cash), and it was $35 as noted on their website.

They will also take you to the airport, which is neat.

By the way, the VW Beetles are manual trans, no air conditioning. It reminds me of traveling back in time to the '70s. But.. VW continued to make those cars through about 2003.

I think you just need to clarify what you are renting, when you'll pick it up, etc.

IMG_2434_zpsroqlq1xo.jpg

For what it's worth, we just walked into her shop, asked to rent a car, she talked to her guys in Spanish for a few minutes, they went to get the car, and she had me fill out paperwork, and took my credit card imprint for a deposit.

The next day, we returned the car, and she asked for payment (cash), and it was $35 as noted on their website.

They will also take you to the airport, which is neat.

By the way, the VW Beetles are manual trans, no air conditioning. It reminds me of traveling back in time to the '70s. But.. VW continued to make those cars through about 2003.

I think you just need to clarify what you are renting, when you'll pick it up, etc.

IMG_2434_zpsroqlq1xo.jpg

OMG!!

I WANT this car!

Margarita is a wonderful and honest person. We have rented from her many many times. She takes Credit Cards. We have never had a problem using them with her. She will honor her prices. We love the VW Bug Convertibles. Old but will get you around. Have fun!PICT0026.jpg

Sorry, for not responding, been busy with work. I'll answer your questions in a bit. Thanks for the responses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom