Renting Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scSCUBA

Reaction score
Since I'll be renting equipment for a while, and haven't actual done a non-course dive, I was curious about how long you can keep it? Say I want to go do a spring dive down in Fl. Since I live in SC, and want to support a lds, can I go in on say thurs or Friday and return the stuff Monday?

I don't see why you couldn't do that. Depending on how good of friends you are with your LDS you may end up paying the rental fee for every day that you have their gear, cuz if you have it for more than one day, they won't be able to rent it to someone else.

What springs you looking at hitting?

Depends on the shop. You'll have to check with them on their rental policies. Your timeframe seems reasonable for a weekly or weekend rental, but it varies from shop to shop.

I'm just brainstorming. I was kinda curious about Devil's Den, or Blue Gratto. What I really want, is someplace a bit more open that I'm not on top of the other divers. I just finished the OW dives, but want to just dive and practice bouncy control. I felt like I was up and down and constantly adjusting. So, I like to be able to swim around and practice. Not a fun dive or experience people I'm sure, but still fun for me, since everything is new. I'm thinking about trying for the holiday weekend Oct 11/12. I've first got to wait and see how my wife's MRI comes out.

Of course if I do get to go, I'll still have to find someone else to go too.

Another option is to rent gear from a LDS near Blue Grotto, or you can rent gear from Devils den and save yourself some money :)

Ryan

I didn't know you could rent it at the site. THat's good to know. Is there a web link to find out more info?

Dive shops I've dealt with either have a per day fee, or charge a fee for the weekend. If the shop is closed on Sundays the per day fee is usually waived for the closed day as you couldn't return them even if you wanted to.

Diver Dans in Santa Clara charges roughly $60 to rent you the full setup minus the personals, and their rental period is Tuesday through Monday.

So, if you rent it on tuesday, you get to keep the gear the entire week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom