Renting Pony Tanks in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buy a transfer whip and take that with you.

Seems a simple enough solution.
Not as simple as telling my Dive Op that I will need my pony filled on arrival and a valve wrench on the boat on my last dive day in case the fill shack tightens it as they often do.

Not as simple as telling my Dive Op that I will need my pony filled on arrival and a valve wrench on the boat on my last dive day in case the fill shack tightens it as they often do.
Don, why not install the valve yourself? Hand tight and then give it one good tap tighter? Most ops I've gone to like that only look at the vip and hydro to fill. Never had one day they needed to vip before filing.

Don, why not install the valve yourself? Hand tight and then give it one good tap tighter? Most ops I've gone to like that only look at the vip and hydro to fill. Never had one day they needed to vip before filing.
I do, but some fill shacks still over-tighten. My pony is current on hydro but not vized in a decade as I only use it in Mexico and the Caribbean where they don't check viz. They're my lungs on the line, so I keep it clean.

I dealt with my "I want at least a 100" and "I aways dive with a redundant air source" issues simultaneously during the Coz Invasion by going with independent (Al80) doubles and renting 1 extra tank per 2-dive trip.

Burned the left tank with the single 2nd each dive. My right tank with 2 2nds was my extender, bailout and donation tank. Swapped the left for a fresh tank between dives. Cost the same or less than going to 100s, and no pony transport/fill.

Cost the same or less than going to 100s
Oh well, I am such an air hog that I dive a 100 main tank, sling the 19.

And that is why I want at least a 100 ...
Which is probably closer to a 90 with a "standard" 3000 fill instead of a correct 3300. But that is still 13cuft more than an "80"

And that is why I want at least a 100 ...
Which is probably closer to a 90 with a "standard" 3000 fill instead of a correct 3300. But that is still 13cuft more than an "80"
Oh, my Op doesn't use Merdiano. He uses a smaller fill station on the island that will fill my pony overnight even if it's delivered late and fill my 100s to the proper pressure. If they don't, I have his cell phone number.

Back
Top Bottom