Renting wet suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

why not go one better and look at a drysuit instead? I use a trilam for the Winter or in colder waters like some of the FL Springs.

Wouldn't do it any other way!

:scuba: Go ahead and spend the money, you'll be glad you did later. Divers Direct has Evo in their catalog, but I've never heard anything about them pro or con. I have a 3mm hyperstrech full and shorty. I use them both alone or layer them for colder water. Works good except in the coldest months, so I guess I need a 7/5 hyperstrech or something similar.

a dry suit. THAT, my budget could afford :wink: Otherwise, I'll need to stick to wet suits for now.

the wife and i are looking at some wet suits made by deep blue*

their 3mm in thickness, would tyhat be adiquit for say 68 to 74,75 degrees f,

there kinda cheap in prise, actully we seen them on liesurepro

as a package , gloves hood, booties, shampoo and the one piece
jump suit type for 120.00

what do yall think? kinda on a budget

New2ScubaSC once bubbled...
the wife and i are looking at some wet suits made by deep blue*

their 3mm in thickness, would tyhat be adiquit for say 68 to 74,75 degrees f,

there kinda cheap in prise, actully we seen them on liesurepro

as a package , gloves hood, booties, shampoo and the one piece
jump suit type for 120.00

what do yall think? kinda on a budget

I don't know anything about deep blue. I will tell you that 3 mil suits for you two will depend a little on what you think is cold. I dive 3 mil for 72 degrees and I do okay and I get cold easily because I don't have much "insulation." When it gets colder than that and depending on how long my dive time is, I tend to need more. I dove 3 mil in low 50 degrees and said no to the second dive even with 6 mil. I was already too cold. Also, it depends on the surface temps. If the weather is warm, colder water temps won't be too bad. If the weather is cold that makes a big difference to me. For instance, if it is low 70s to high 60s and I am diving 60s water temp it is hard to stay warm with 3 mil, for me. If I am diving 3 mil and it is high 70s to 80 and the water is 60s then I can warm up on the surface interval. Does that make sense to you? My point is. There are several factors as to what will work for you. I have a deficit off the bat that I get cold easily. If it is a nice SC November day and the water is 68 - 72 I think 3 mil will be fine. Let me say that the initial water seepage will be cold but once you are wet and in the water, you should be ok. R

yeah that makes sence, im kinda now thinking of going with a 4 or 5mil just in case, we seen the difference with the surface interval you where speaking of, we where wearing 3 mils in florida a couple of weeks ago at kingsley lake 50' temp 72 not bad at all but maybe dropped 70 at the deepest dive we did, lindsay complained alil bit about the cold but seems to only matter if you stay down along time, if your back up ina half hour youll warm almost instant, so i see where it works both ways, im just thinking of the river s and ocean in the month of november or so, i figure the currents have to at least drag some of that heat away from you even with a wetsuit on. you would know better than i... i think i found some better deals on 5 mil package deals

i may as well

any how thanks

To add to what Raven is saying about personnel preference, in order for me to feel comfortable at the 70 to 75 range I need a 5 mil full suit and a 3 mil hood & vest.

I guess you really have to just find out what your tolerance is... it might be better to err on the side of to much insulation since you can always flood the suit to cool down, were as if you get cold in the water your only going to get colder. My 2 cents...

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom