Repairing dive computer? Tusa Zen computer appears to be dead.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

muteki

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I bought a Tusa Zen dive computer 2nd hand from a dive shop when I was in Mexico. Worked for quite a few dives, then conked out. It's not the battery -- I already tried replacing it. No signs of water damage inside, o-ring was checked and fine. Could be software, perhaps. It's most definitely out of warranty, and since it was 2nd hand I'd probably have to pay Tusa to repair or replace it. No chance of getting back to that dive shop either. Any ideas? Is it worth trying to fix, or should I just get a new one?

Double check the batt with a good meter, and do a proper "reset". Can't hurt

Thanks for the advice. How do you do a reset? The user manual I found online doesn't have any info on how to do this.

Mine failed last year. I contacted Tusa abs sent it back fire repair. It cost about $100 to have it rebuilt. Well worth the price. It took about 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom