Replace regular D ring with fixed D ring on BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alanchang

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello Guys, I am just having trouble using the regular D ring on my BP/W as they flip front and back. I do practice clipping and unclipping off things off my left/right and chest D ring a lot, but I just simply don't like my D ring to be flipped and be at a different position every time. I can manage to do it but I believe a fixed D ring will make my life 10 times easier. Just not sure if a D ring like this will create any safety hazard or something bad. Please give me your advice. Thanks

Please see the first picture for the D ring that I currently have and the second for the "Fixed D ring" that I mentioned in the post.
1662776842961.png
1662776738538.png

A bent D-ring should be enough

You can also get D-rings that are welded to the triglides, standing proud, but not sticking out like the 90 you pictured.

ETA: I believe that Dive-Rite harnesses come with a few.

I put a 1/2 inch bit of mountain bike inner tube on my hip D-ring to make it stay put, but flex if needed.

While a bent d-ring is the standard, with it being held in place by a clipped-on backup light that's bungied to the shoulder webbing, I find it more convenient to have one of the stamped "bent" d-rings from Piranha on this page:
Harness Accessories Piranha Dive Shop |

Almost too many choices really. Have fun!
- Brian

I don't believe I would like a fixed 90° in that location. For me, it would cause more issues than it fixes. I would also recommend the bent d ring, at the most.

DW

I'm not a fan of a 90 degree D ring but not sure I understand the disdain for bent and welded Ds ; can someone help me out here?

Is it just because, "it's not needed?"

What else am I missing here? What harm is there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom