replacement mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JahJahwarrior

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So...I had a BodyGlove mask....but a buzzard ate part of the skirt during my SI a few weeks ago at my last dive. I'm a high school student and consequentially, I want a cheap mask. I'm also not stupid, so I want not only a high quality mask, but I want to buy it from scubatoys if I can. Can you all reccomend any particularly good, cheap ($20-25) mask that you got from Scubatoys?

I know Scubatoys carries fins from Cressi-Sub, but I can't find my favorite mask (Cressi-Sub Big Eyes), but found it at Leisure-Pro:
http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/Cate...tock/DescSort_0/Filter_1=398/CSBMB.html?Hit=1
Why I like it: Low volume; I can see what I have clipped to my BCD, even high up on my chest
If you wanna be sure, give Larry at Scubatoys a call to see if they have it.
Dive safely.

JahJahwarrior:
...a buzzard ate part of the skirt during my SI a few weeks ago at my last dive.
Do you have any photos or video? I'd PayPal you a buck or two for that... maybe more for an autographed print...

If it were good enough, I could see a line of "A buzzard ate my mask!" T-shirts (with an American tabloid style front-page).

Hazards Of Scuba Diving:
  1. Bitten by a shark.
  2. Stepped on a sea urchin.
  3. Drowned.
  4. Eaten by buzzards.
:D

(Hmm... corporate endorsement deal, maybe? "Two out of three buzzards prefer Body Glove masks...")

Clayjar, it's the least I can do! You can tell all the world you traded a LP port splitter for pictures of a mask that a buzzard ate!

Actually, they didn't bother my buddies mask at all. The difference? He uses a snorkel. The one reason to use a snorkel: to protect your mask from the buzzards!!

You can see most of the damage in this picture. They ripped up the inner and outer skirt pretty well. I dove with it and it didn't seem to leak bad, but my eyes are so sensitive to salt water that I don't even want to try this in the ocean :) Not to mention I don't mind having to get a new one, the purge is a little annoying. This will got in my BC pocket as a backup.

The OMS mask is good at an affordable price.

B

There are other web alternatives out there. We are not as big as LP or ST but we try harder ...........no offense Larry.

Happy Diving

but www.onestopscuba.com is down at the moment and scubatoys.com works :)

I know there are other alternatives, but my parents have bought stuff (a few Christmas presents) from a few sites for me, and I've ordered a few things from TDL, I want to support scubatoys a little :) The capitalist in me does want to go with the cheapest site, so if your website will work I'll take a look at what you have to offer.

Cresi-Sub Minima is less than $25
027537_big.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom