Replacing a plastic part

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have an old Seaquest Airsource on my BCD. It's a redundant second stage regulator with a built in power inflator button similar to Scubapro's Air 2.

Due to wear & tear, purge lever, which is part of the cover broke off, exposing the rubber diaphragm underneath. The cover is intact. The lever broke near its base. I tried using instant glue to put it back but it broke off again the next time I got in the water.

I've checked with a LDS for a replacement but they say a replacement cover comes as an assembly and costs about US$260!

Any suggestion on how I can repair this?

Are you talking about the AirSource 1?

I am looking at the diagram for that one.

There are two sections in the diagram that I am looking at.

One, there is a purge button that looks like it pushed down on the diaphragm. There is another part described as the purge retainer.

Neither of these parts would be described as a lever.

Of the two components, only 1 has a part number, and I can't find that part number in the online price list for dealers.

Cool. The purge button is probably what I'm referring to. Unlike the purge button of most second stage regulators, however, this one has no spring.

I used "Lever" as description loosely. To me, it looks and acts more like a diving board :)

The purge retainer is probably the "ring" that you screw onto the housing to keep the purge button in place?

I don't have a camera so its kinda hard to go by its description but thanks for the help.

Sprinter

Sprinter once bubbled...
I have an old Seaquest Airsource on my BCD. It's a redundant second stage regulator with a built in power inflator button similar to Scubapro's Air 2.

Due to wear & tear, purge lever, which is part of the cover broke off, exposing the rubber diaphragm underneath. The cover is intact. The lever broke near its base. I tried using instant glue to put it back but it broke off again the next time I got in the water.

I've checked with a LDS for a replacement but they say a replacement cover comes as an assembly and costs about US$260!

Any suggestion on how I can repair this?

For $260.00, I suspect the "assembly" your LDS is talking about is a very expensive new air source. If so, I have one suggestion: Find another LDS. Their comedy is far too expensive.

Back
Top Bottom