Replacing drysuit neoprene seals with latex

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Highly recommend you consider a si-tech wrist seal system.....easy to glue into the suit and you won't need to glue seals in again, plus you can opt to use either latex or silicone as well as drygloves.

-Z

I replaced the neoprene wrist seals on my tri lam drysuit with a si-tech cuff system.

I first cut as much of the neoprene seals off the suit with scissors. Cut up to the suit material but do not cut the suit itself. I then used a small amount of MEK with an acid brush to weaken the old glue and peel as much of the neoprene seal off as possible. It didn't come off in one piece and took a while to get it all off.

I then cleaned the sleeve up with MEK and glued the si tech seals to the inside of the suit. If you were to replace the seals with latex, you would glue to the outside of the suit.

Surface prep is key when glueing new seals so make sure your surfaces are clean and free of oils etc.

Any preferences as to Kubi, Si-tech, or Optoma and why?

I've seen complaints about Si-tech, but Optima and Kubi seem to have pretty good reviews as soon as people learn how to get them on and off.

What complaints about si-tech?

Their cuff systems work great....particularly the qcs oval and the round quick cuff.

A couple of their dry glove systems were kind of flops ( antares and quick glove) but the glove lock system works well and so does the virgo which is based around it other than the bulk of the virgo.

The si tech qcs oval with the waterproof ultima dgs is a good system....4 element just teamed up with si tech to introduce the ellipse system which is a light weight low profile dryglove system purposely designed for the sitech oval cuffs.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom