Rescue class equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well, it may also be that hangman's knot you keep tying in the 7' hose to take up the slack

:eek:ut: :boom:

Yes darlin', I have limits. My memory is not perfect. I have a nearly photographic memory, I can remember anything that's near a photograph. Extra points if you can ID where I stole that line.

I have a great idea. Ditch Ontario for a week, come to Florida. MB, Pete and I will put together one of our world famous rescue seminars. You can come away with CPR, O2, Defib, First Aid, YMCA SLAM and NAUI Rescue. Jo will toss in Pet First Aid if you insist on playing Farley Mowat. While you're here, we'll also take you diving for fun.

If the Instructor, Boat Captain, LDS Owner, etc will not let you dive or train using a DIR configuration, then you should not be diving with them anyway. They are missing the point. They are most likely ignorant of how the DIR system works or are taking an anti-DIR stance because it keeps them from selling more gear. These people are not qualified to make such a decision and you should not do business with them.

I would not waste my time trying to accomadate or convince them of anything. Take your money and go else where. Buy a compressor out of spite. I'm sure that you can find someone willing to recognize your desire to DIR.

buy a compressor, that is. Along with my own PP blending gear, etc. And the rest of my hardware is coming from LP - they can bite me in that regard.

:)

Genesis once bubbled...
buy a compressor, that is. Along with my own PP blending gear, etc. And the rest of my hardware is coming from LP - they can bite me in that regard.

:)

How I envy you!! :)

I dream of the days when I'll never have to set foot in a LDS again...

I'll pay for the hardware in a couple of years...

Plus, the convenience factor is NOT to be ignored. Fills when you want, to the exact FO2 you want, no hassles or BS, and you even get "credit" for gas you don't use (since you don't have to dump it!)

cat once bubbled...
Umm, unless it's about Heinlein, of course.

I'll see what I can do to reason with the LDS owner (I'll be good and try it without "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction" - name what song this is quoted from if you can) when there is no studio audience.

Hi Cat,

Walked through any walls lately?

The song would be 'Alices Restaurant'

-and they all moved away from me on the group "w" bench... :wink:

Walter once bubbled...
Yes darlin', I have limits. My memory is not perfect. I have a nearly photographic memory, I can remember anything that's near a photograph. Extra points if you can ID where I stole that line.

I have a great idea. Ditch Ontario for a week, come to Florida. MB, Pete and I will put together one of our world famous rescue seminars. You can come away with CPR, O2, Defib, First Aid, YMCA SLAM and NAUI Rescue. Jo will toss in Pet First Aid if you insist on playing Farley Mowat. While you're here, we'll also take you diving for fun.

Shucks, I think I'll come for that.

ElectricZombie once bubbled...

How I envy you!! :)

I dream of the days when I'll never have to set foot in a LDS again...

I too dream of the day when I'll never again have to set foot in an lds.

Back
Top Bottom