Rescue Diver course in warm water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelly7552

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi!

I'd like to take a rescue diver course, but I'm in Northern California and pacific ocean water temps are too cold for me. I'd like to go to a place that's inexpensive to dive, is in the open ocean, and is a dive operation with a reputable course. I made the mistake of taking an AOW course with a resort dive operator in Hawaii during the christmas season, big mistake! He wanted the money and MAYBE I learned the skills but I wasn't impressed. Thinking of inexpensive flights to Florida in November, but haven't found any dive operations online that look like they take training seriously.

Suggestions?

There are several paid and naui schools in Miami and the keys that might be good. I would suggest doing the online school for the basic classroom info. Then meeting with the instructor to finalize your classroom and do the pool and dives. PM me if you can't find a shop you like.

Try either of the following: Florida Keys Dive Center or Rainbow Reef Dive Center, both on Key Largo. BTW, consider flying to Ft Lauderdale rather than Miami. The air fare is less in most cases, and it only adds about an hour's drive to the Keys.
DivemasterDennis

If you want the real deal make sure the in water portion meets your expectataions. The grand days of running through exhausting scenarios often are not he case.

Pete

There are several paid and naui schools in Miami and the keys that might be good. I would suggest doing the online school for the basic classroom info. Then meeting with the instructor to finalize your classroom and do the pool and dives. PM me if you can't find a shop you like.

Is there a difference between PADI and NAUI for rescue diver, and which one is better at training?

---------- Post added August 6th, 2013 at 10:20 AM ----------

If you want the real deal make sure the in water portion meets your expectataions. The grand days of running through exhausting scenarios often are not he case.

Pete

pete,

I'd really like to get TRAINING, but doing it in a crappy environment can be problematic. My AOW was done by a resort operator who was distracted, BEAUTIFUL dive, crappy training. I'd like to find someone with real training.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom