Rescue Diver in Philipines ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepSeaFox

Reaction score
We would like to do a Rescue Diver Course in Philipines this Summer.

Can anyone recommend a reputable and not too pricey school.
:confused:

We want to go to either Cabilo Island or Malapascua for at least a few dives.

Many thanks

1) Divelink, Cebu: e-mail: gary@cebu.weblinq.com
tel: (63) 0919-2685041
(32) 231-4633
I dove with them last year and they seem to
know the area very well. 'Am not so sure about
their Educational standards though.

2) Sea Explorers: website: www.seaexplorersscuba.com
e-mail: cebu@seaexplorersscuba.com
tel: (63) 0919-4479030

I havn't dove with these guys. I believe they're
one of the pioneers in malapascua diving.

Hope to help.

Good luck.

Hi,

I got my rescue diver cert. in Moalboal, Cebu in 2001. The price shold be around USD280 (as remember!?). But the dive sites are not too attractive except the Pescador island. The food and accomodation was cheap.

Why not do your Rescue Course in Anilao or even Puerto Galera? Both these places offer a good variety of water conditions - from calm water conditions to drift diving. There are lots of good resorts to choose from - depending on your preferred Agency. Reasonable pricing too.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks

I heard Cabilo or Malapascua are the most interesting easy-to-get-to sites in the Philipines

We have something of a fetish for Sharks.

We are going primarilly to do the course but wanted to have nice diving as well.

How do Anilao or Puerto Galera compare ?

malapascua offers a variety of sites - submerged reef where you get to see the thresher sharks, swim-through caves and even wreck dives. these are all accessible - from 30mins to more than an hour boat ride from the island.

i've never been to cabilo (or cabilao island).

if you're after the sharks, malapascua is the place to be. they have threshers, nurse, gray reefs among others.

anilao offers varied tropical marine life with a couple of interesting pelagic dives. dive sites are also accessible, from house reefs to about 30-minute boat ride to more than 30 dive sites.

puerto galera's highlights are it's current/drift dives with pelagics.

puerto galera is also accessible from anilao. about 1 1/2 hour boat ride from anilao.

hope to help.

Back
Top Bottom