Rescue Driver DVD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are REQUIRED to watch this! :rofl3:

Since when is PADI going to start failing students, especially over a video?

If your instructor is not providing the goods, than that is sad. IMO the video is a "nice to have", but the materials, pool time, CPR training, and OW is plenty, and very educational and enjoyable. Watch it when you can get your hands on it. If that is never, enjoy the class.

If my students SAY they watched it, then they watched it...but it is required. When we practice our rescue scenarios, you can pretty much tell who watched the video and who didn't...

Watch it when you can get your hands on it. If that is never, enjoy the class.

Ron, If you're not a PADI Instructor, please do not give incorrect advise to a PADI student. With the title you carry, your words carry weight with students reading this board.

If you are a PADI Instructor, please reference the PADI IM, Rescue Diver, p 2-5 Student Materials.

I can never figure out why PADI feels the need to retail this at $39.95, but ohhh well.

That's because sometimes I think PADI stands for Put Another Dollar In. But I digress, required or not, it's a good idea to watch the DVD. Even though I felt the book was well written, seeing different scenarios was beneficial. It also gives you some insight as to what to expect in both the confined and OW sessions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom