Rescue Driver DVD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

usmcguy367

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am taking the PADI rescue diver this weekend, and my LDS only has one DVD. It looks like I might not get to see it before time for the class or maybe get the night before. My question is will this hurt me in the class or is everything really covered in the book?

nothing much other than what's covered in the book; would be a good idea though to see it before you sit for the exam as a rehearsal.

Rescue Driver DVD

Is he driving a DVP?:)

I highly recommend watching the video. It will also make the confined and open water dives easier as you will have the big picture and be better prepared to learn new skills. You need a 75% or better on the final exam.

Good luck,

In our Rescue class we watched the video in class, which was a bit annoying as I had already watched it a few times.

BTW, isn't it a "Dive Propulsion Vehicle"?

:)

The DVD is worth seeing, but not worth the cost! :D

I can never figure out why PADI feels the need to retail this at $39.95, but ohhh well.

Since a passing score on the test is easy at 75%, missing the DVD is not a big deal. Just watch it when you can.

I think it really depends on how you learn. If you're a visual learner, then yes. You should see it.

On the flip side and to contradict what I just said, regardless of how you learn I feel it's worth seeing. For me it put the reading, pool work and classroom time all together in once nice package for review. It really helped me when it came time for the check out dives/rescues.

I prefer the VHS, the actors have a way cooler underwater fashion sense. It's good to watch, but not to buy. You can barrow my vhs.

While you are not required to own the Rescue Diver DVD, you are required to watch it. It's not that painful to get through and will reinforce concepts from the book visually.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom