Residencias reef??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

browntrout

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We have always stayed and dove with Blue Angel in the past, but this trip we want to rent a condo at Reef Residencias in May and be picked up at the pier for our 4-5 days of diving. Do most operators pick up at San Francisco? We were looking at Aldora and Blue XT Sea.

We have always stayed and dove with Blue Angel in the past, but this trip we want to rent a condo at Reef Residencias in May and be picked up at the pier for our 4-5 days of diving. Do most operators pick up at San Francisco? We were looking at Aldora and Blue XT Sea.

@Christi and @Dave Dillehay , owners of Blue XT Sea and Aldora, respectively, are both active here. They’ll be along in no time to answer your question. I’m sure some of their customers will chime in soon as well.

There is an ongoing “dispute”, if I can call it that, about pier access at Residencias Reef and I’m not sure if that’s settled yet.

Here’s the link to that: Guests of Sunscape, Secrets & Residencias Reef

The problem with Aura/Secrets/Residencias Reef is that the management has instituted a $2 charge each day to use the pier. We can pick up there but somehow the guests will have to cover the charge. I know it is ridiculous, like why don't they charge for the swimming pool? But so far the manager has remained adamant that the charge will remain.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

The problem with Aura/Secrets/Residencias Reef is that the management has instituted a $2 charge each day to use the pier. We can pick up there but somehow the guests will have to cover the charge. I know it is ridiculous, like why don't they charge for the swimming pool? But so far the manager has remained adamant that the charge will remain.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers
And as we have gleaned from the pertinent thread on the matter, it's not about the money but the red tape associated with trying to pay it.

Actually - about 35 operators met with Secrets management on January 9th. We went in good faith, presented our position, the position of guests and offered numerous solutions and alternatives.

We were supposed to receive an answer a week later. A week later he requested more time - in good faith, we agreed as a group. His deadline for responding to us is end of business tomorrow.

So we will have a definitive answer after tomorrow. As I promised in the other thread, I will keep you all updated as more information is available.

Sorry to open a can of worms, I appreciate the input. We will book with one of the two operators. I would prefer to pay the dock fee at the resort as recommended, but it will be worth it for us to take care of it which ever way it shakes out.

Sorry to open a can of worms, I appreciate the input. We will book with one of the two operators. I would prefer to pay the dock fee at the resort as recommended, but it will be worth it for us to take care of it which ever way it shakes out.

If you are staying at Residencias Reef, you actually have the option to be picked up by ANY operator of your choice at Paradise Beach pier - which is next door to the condos. The HOA of the Condos has made this arrangement with them. You are not limited to the onsite operations at Secrets/Sunscape.

HOA has also purchased vouchers for their guests to use the Secrets pier - however, they will not be purchasing more when they run out - so it depends on when you're coming down. I would contact your condo owner and ask if they still have vouchers you can purchase for $2 per day. Just please communicate with me directly with your dates, etc. and it will work out.

I meant Blue XTC or Aldora, on site operators no bueno!

Actually - about 35 operators met with Secrets management on January 9th. We went in good faith, presented our position, the position of guests and offered numerous solutions and alternatives.

We were supposed to receive an answer a week later. A week later he requested more time - in good faith, we agreed as a group. His deadline for responding to us is end of business tomorrow.

So we will have a definitive answer after tomorrow. As I promised in the other thread, I will keep you all updated as more information is available.

OK, so it's now "after close of business tomorrow".
Did they respond? Ask for yet more time?
Please update, I've got popcorn popping...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom