Rest in peace bill bowden

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CamG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings divers Bill Bowden passed away last evening in the Orlando hospital.
He had suffered a DCS hit at Eagles Nest this past week end.
Bill loved diving and was eager to make a new friend especially one who was a diver.
He will be missed by many.
See you on the other side Bill!

CamG

Bill was a avid diver that suffered form heart issues and had valve replacement surgery.
He sold all of his gear thinking that he would never dive again but once the surgery was over the doctor put him through the tests and he passed.
Since he had sold most of his gear he started over.

I met Bill this past October in Lauraville FL when we were cave diving and he was getting back into the caves after training with the Optima.
We shared several dives and more conversations about diving.
His attitude was infectious and his love for diving unmistakeable!
We were instantly friends as he was with many.

Very few facts about the dive are available but he surfaced on his own and was transported to a chamber.
In the short time I knew Bill I am certain that he greatly missed by many!
If his wife Carol reads this I thank her for letting her husband befriend so many and enriching our lives with his passion for diving.

CamG

Bill was/is a good dive buddy. I got to dive with he a few time offshore Daytona and Key Largo on the SG. He will be missed. May all your dive be warm and full of cool things. Dive on Bill.

Thoughts go out to Bill's family. Sounds like he was a great guy and his time was cut short.

Bill, was all the nice things posted so far! But I want to add, that he also ALWAYS took time out to encourage and assist newer divers. He had a very dry sense of humor and that may be one reason why we got along so well. I think Bill could find something nice to say about anyone. He was that kind of guy. I am sorry for all of those who will never get to know Bill, you've missed out on a real blessing.
I'll miss you mon ami'

my condoleces to his family thanks bill for all the help & advice you will be miss bill

Back
Top Bottom