Review of Blue Angel Dive Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the feedback everyone. After years of using forums, it's always nice to see that people actually read them without flaming the OP.

Merry Christmas All,

J

wow thankx for glowing review...you were a pleasure to have here and good luck with your dive training bud...you are a natural::D
your friends at B.A.

When you are staying in Playa and diving Cozumel with Blue Angel, are you taking the ferry across and diving the 10:00 boat? A lot of folks who go out on that boat are cruise shippers, snorkelers, and new divers, and there's not as much variety in the sites it goes to. The small 8:00 boats go anywhere the divers aboard are ready for. I have been diving with them for several years, and I can't think of a Coz dive site that they haven't taken me to.

Some mornings there are two small boats for the 0800 dive. They leave right at 0800 to. I never saw the 1000 boat, (probably because I was always on the 0800 and gone). There is an early afternoon boat, larger, that went out. It had a slightly bigger group that looked like new divers.
Although the dive shop is small, the op is very well run. It has everything you need and fit my style perfectly. Pony and Martin, are very helpful. I can't say enough about their DM's either, most people like Mateo, I liked Jorge.
They had two large reference books on fish ID and other critters that they let me borrow for a couple of days.............

Thanks for the info guys. Yeah, I come over usually for the 10 am boat. Mainly because that's when my Playa Dive Op was saying we go. I'll press for the 8am boat next trip for sure!!

Thanks for the info guys. Yeah, I come over usually for the 10 am boat. Mainly because that's when my Playa Dive Op was saying we go. I'll press for the 8am boat next trip for sure!!
Haha you are coming over with him? I guess he doesn't want to catch the 6am ferry with you. I have a hunch who it is, but - you might be better off just booking Blue Angle diving yourself.

I have had the pleasure of staying at this hotel when it was still Caribe Blue. I would like to make a small suggestion. I would not call it a resort. It's a small boutique hotel with an adjoining restaurant on the premise and a nice ocean side pool. With that being said, the rooms are comfortable and the views are to die for since all the rooms face the water. I did, however, have an issue with the road noise outside my door,(since the doors face the road) but then again I am a light sleeper. I can only imagine that the new owners are really putting some lovely touches into this place and to make it a "green" hotel is the icing on the cake. For an affordable stay that has a beautiful view and a great staff, it is a big thumbs up, I agree!

We just booked Blue Angel for our trip in April and I am so excited after reading the reviews here on ScubaBoard...This will be our 5th trip to Coz and we love everything the island has to offer.

Nice review. Thanks.

I can't wait.

My wife and I stayed in early Jan. 2010. We read a lot of great reviews before we went - in fact that is what helped make our decision. I must concur, the place was very nice. Lunch and dinner was very good, breakfast just okay - the menu is somewhat limited but the choices you do have are excellent. Plus it's only a 15 minute walk, 2 minutes by taxi, to get downtown. They mix up some pretty darn good drinks as well. Sergio(sp) is a great waiter - tip him well. It is worth every penny.

We are divers, as most are at this hotel. I wouldn't recommend it to you if you weren't. It's a small 22 room hotel where everyone gets to know everyone else. The rooms are simple, the grouds are small, but the dive operation is top-notch. We dove with Matthew (Poncho). We really enjoyed having him as our Dive Master. FYI - the shore dive from the resort is also quite interesting. Not a ton of coral. However the resort is right next to the stingray cage (tourist trap). The cage draws a lot of fish, eels, crabs, etc.

I will definetely go back the next time I am in Coz! Hello again to everyone we met from SCUBABoard.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom