RGBM Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Every decompression algorithm I know has ways of adjusting things to your preferences. For Bühlmann, it is gradient factors. VPM has +1, +2, +3, +4, and +5 conservatism choices. I know that RGBM can be similarly adjusted. Bruce Weinke said that RGBM had gradient factors in it from the start, although he called them reductions, IIRC. I just need to be able to identify which option I am using when I identify the results.

For those looking for a full-blown comparison of algorithms, I am sorry to disappoint. The purpose of the paper is quite different. The comparison I am making is a minor point within it, which is why I am asking for such a specific profile. I don't need to know anything more about the algorithm than the answer to that specific question.
The Eon Steel has 5 levels P-2 through P+2. Perhaps @Diving Dubai can help you

I don't really need the latest and greatest. In fact, it might not be preferred, since my purpose has a touch of history about it.
I have Suunto's Dive Planner on my PC. It's of course running Suunto's particular, proprietary and undocumented version of RGBM. Also, I don't know if it's intended for staged deco diving, or if it's intended only for no-stop. It's also prescribing a "deep stop" at half max depth; I really don't know if that's a kludge that Suunto has added on or if there's anything like that in Wienke's original algorithm.

If you want me to run a few profiles through it, give me a shout.

Just an attempt to run it, I would suggest playing with DM5 yourself since I only know the book knowledge for tech stuff.
Thanks! Assuming everything was done correctly (and I have only your own professed uncertainty to think otherwise), that is exactly what I need.

About the only thing that looks off is that the 20minutes at 200ft includes a 6min descent.

Here is one that includes a full 20 minutes at the bottom. I also got rid of the low pressure warning (increased the back gas tank size to 300cuft).

Attachments

• DivePlan_2019-01-23-0355v2.pdf
    48.6 KB · Views: 62
I am looking for a planned profile. I will be comparing it to other algorithms. I need it to be precise.

Fair enough. After that I remember we ended up dialing the conservative settings back on the Suunto's to -2 just to keep up a couple of SW Petrel guys on a drift deco with 30/80 GF.

About the only thing that looks off is that the 20minutes at 200ft includes a 6min descent.

Here is one that includes a full 20 minutes at the bottom. I also got rid of the low pressure warning (increased the back gas tank size to 300cuft).
Including the descent is fine. I included it in the others.

You need to find someone with a copy of "GAP" to run the Bruce Wienke version of RGBM. That software hasn't been supported in years though so it's passed into obscurity.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom