right now at CCV.... webcam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robin- I gotta quit emailing you with u/w camera questions, I think it's giving you withdrawal symptoms!

On CoCoChat, I read that they're tearing apart a number of rooms this week for re-modeling. Less divers and no need for more boats.

I kind of like this view, too: Shore Dive Live Cam

The new dive boat will be (using Island Time) ready this month (or so)....

Picture42.png

Robin- I gotta quit emailing you with u/w camera questions, I think it's giving you withdrawal symptoms!

On CoCoChat, I read that they're tearing apart a number of rooms this week for re-modeling. Less divers and no need for more boats.

I kind of like this view, too: Shore Dive Live Cam

The new dive boat will be (using Island Time) ready this month (or so)....

Picture42.png

Is that Manyana, as in not today?

Robin, I hate to do this to you, but I will be there in 4 weeks, I was also watching the beach cam this morning. The weather was clear, it was much nicer to watch the sun rise in Roatan, instead of participating in the conferance call I was in.

Robin, I hate to do this to you, but I will be there in 4 weeks, I was also watching the beach cam this morning. The weather was clear, it was much nicer to watch the sun rise in Roatan, instead of participating in the conferance call I was in.

cool, I expect for you to bring back lots of photos to share, and post a trip report here for me to keep me sane. :wink:

RoatanMan - my trip back to CCV is not for 5+ more months and I actually dreamed about it the other night!!! :banghead: It's going to be a looooooooong fall/winter. :depressed:

robin:D

I'll be there in January. Cannot wait....

We're not going until after Robin, so I'm expecting her to tell me EVERYTHING I need to know for my trip 2 weeks later. :D Especially air and water temperatures....as well as where all the seahorses are. :wink:

Since we've never been to CCV or Roatan, we aren't quite as anxious as Robin, but definitely looking forward to it.

We're not going until after Robin, so I'm expecting her to tell me EVERYTHING I need to know for my trip 2 weeks later. :D Especially air and water temperatures....as well as where all the seahorses are. :wink:

Since we've never been to CCV or Roatan, we aren't quite as anxious as Robin, but definitely looking forward to it.

you betcha! :wink: One thing I really liked about CCV is that the dive op, all the DMs and staff, are really into the critters, fish, coral, and know where you can find anything on any particular day. They come back from dives and all huddle together and give each other the rundown of what they saw. Ron and I found a little seahorse on a dropoff dive and mentioned it when we got back to the dock. Before we had gotten out of our gear completely several of the DMs (on other boats than ours) came running over to us to ask us questions about it. :D They then went down the dock and told everyone what we had found and where. So be sure to remember your depth and location when you find something cool!!! And if you want to know where seahorses have been found out in the Front Yard, just ask any DM, they will know what was found where THAT day. :D

Our DM for the week on Red Boat, Mel, told us when we got in on particular dives if there had been a seahorse seen there that week. He would go to where it was reported, and if it wasn't still there he would start looking for it. We usually helped and Ron found the little guy about 20' away from where Mel thought it was. He was very happy and showed all the other divers who had spread out over the site. After that, when Mel heard me or Ron use our signals and point at something, he immediately came to see what we found. :D Then he would thank us and them go find all the other divers and take them to it. It was really fun for us as he seemed to really appreciate the fact that we are good critter finders. :D
(we did the same thing in Cozumel this past March and the DM seemed insulted when we signalled that we found something, sometimes he wouldn't even come over to look. :lotsalove: )

robin

you betcha! :wink: One thing I really liked about CCV is that the dive op, all the DMs and staff, are really into the critters, fish, coral, and know where you can find anything on any particular day. They come back from dives and all huddle together and give each other the rundown of what they saw. Ron and I found a little seahorse on a dropoff dive and mentioned it when we got back to the dock. Before we had gotten out of our gear completely several of the DMs (on other boats than ours) came running over to us to ask us questions about it. :D They then went down the dock and told everyone what we had found and where. So be sure to remember your depth and location when you find something cool!!! And if you want to know where seahorses have been found out in the Front Yard, just ask any DM, they will know what was found where THAT day. :D

Our DM for the week on Red Boat, Mel, told us when we got in on particular dives if there had been a seahorse seen there that week. He would go to where it was reported, and if it wasn't still there he would start looking for it. We usually helped and Ron found the little guy about 20' away from where Mel thought it was. He was very happy and showed all the other divers who had spread out over the site. After that, when Mel heard me or Ron use our signals and point at something, he immediately came to see what we found. :D Then he would thank us and them go find all the other divers and take them to it. It was really fun for us as he seemed to really appreciate the fact that we are good critter finders. :D
(we did the same thing in Cozumel this past March and the DM seemed insulted when we signalled that we found something, sometimes he wouldn't even come over to look. :lotsalove: )

robin

Similar experiance at CCV for me. It makes the dives much better in my opinion.

I will bring back pictures. Hopefully lots of them.

I will warn you, I am a newbie to the underwater photo world, I am good at other things underwater, so this is a new step for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom