Right side hose length for sidemount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dhaines429

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I started diving sidemount in October last year an have been diving with 7' hose on right and short hose on necklace on left. It seems to be the way every one is trained here. Wondering if 7' is necessary or if 5' is enough. I'm diving open water, no caves or wreck penetration at this time so is the 7' hose overkill or the type of diving I'm doing.

what is the advantage of going to a 5' vs a 7' when actually diving?

I've seen folks post this set up a couple of times and wondered the same. I'm glad to see someone with immensely more experience than me ask the question. Thanks @tbone1004

If your long hose is held on your tank band on your tank, what difference does those 2' less do? It's really negligible on SM as the hose remains tucked in anyway unless you have to donate. You don't need to reset it on surface interval either unless you are changing tanks. Honestly I don't see the point in going shorter as I do not see any advantage in this configuration.

Back
Top Bottom