Ring Bungees

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I would use my butterflies just as a saftey and then just have the loop bungees come from behind me and wrap them around the valves? Is it possible to do this without have both a left and right valve? Say im horizontal in the water, should the entire valve be behind my arm pit or should the valves sit pretty much in my arm pit? Would some of the thicker shock cord suffice for the loop bungees? Thanks for everyones input.

I pull the bungee just over my tank "Knob" not the valve.

Yes it is possible to do with 2 rights/lefts (whatever you have) but one of your valves are going to be on the top side of your tank and the other will be on the bottom. I have a right & left and have both valves on the bottom side of the tanks with the knobs facing outward.

Just below and in my armpit is where I like mine. I like the tank to be tight against me and thats what the loops help me achieve that way there is no slack in the way the tanks hang.

I use the 3/8 bungee you get at ACE Hardware. It is the thickest they sell and works great for me. You can use thinner stuff but I chose not to but for no real reason just wanted the thick stuff.

I was looking for a book in SM to get many ideas of different things to try but since they don't have such books I gather info from here and there and just tinker around to see what I like.

I tried the loop today in the quarry and it will stay on my rig. Ive tried just about everything else and found this works the best for me. Thanks

Garth

Back
Top Bottom