RMO September Meet, Greet and Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well...a big hello to you all, but I'm headed on a big road trip. Among other things, we have plans to do some dives in Lake Superior and then down to the Bonne Terre Mine.

I hope to see most of you at one time or another at Blue Hole or one of our other "primo" Colorado spots!

Have a great get together at Blue Hole!

The event is annual, and at two locations (Aurora/BH), so we can try to get more geographic coverage. So yes, we will be doing this again in 09'.

At some point we may need to discuss doing a third event in OooohTahhh, as I know there are divers in that area on SB.

If folks from Utah or West of here want to start the tradition that would be awesome as I'm a good bit away from there, and have never dove in that area.

I'd like to come down, but if I do, it will almost certainly be a last minute thing. My corporate HQ is now closed in Houston until further notice and depending on what happens, it may make getting out of town tough.

At some point we may need to discuss doing a third event in OooohTahhh, as I know there are divers in that area on SB.

Yes, there are. :) Sometimes it feels like this RMO group is dominated by Colorado through and through.

I feel grossly inadequate to the task, but perhaps there's others here with the experience and organizational skills to make such a meet and greet happen.

Sometimes it feels like this RMO group is dominated by Colorado through and through.

The forum is what it is. When I joined SB there was no area for our part of the country. We voted it into existence, and named it. It may not be not thriving, it has been steadily growing.

I would encourage folks in the Utah area, and west to use the board to plan more diving and events. We have a strong presence out of NM, and even some cross overs from TX, but west of CO is less active.

Don't wait for everyone else to post, or organize. If you are planning a dive, post it. If you know of a Dive Show, or Club, whatever, that is worth discussing, start a thread. It all generally starts with one, or a few folks willing to either promote, or organize dives in your area.

I would help, but I don't live nearby, and know very little about local folks or diving in UT, and west! :D But, if you need administrative help like posting stickies, advice, or SB administrative help, you can PM me anytime. Who knows, if you plan something cool in UT, and give folks some heads up, you may have the CO diving contingent in your backyard!

Yes, there are. :) Sometimes it feels like this RMO group is dominated by Colorado through and through.
Want me to get out my whips and rough 'em up?
bananawhip.gif

We don't want those Rocky Mountain boys (is that the same as a Hillbilly?) taking over our Blue Hole. :( Wait! It's in New Mexico? We'll it used to be in Tejas, before we were suckered into joining the Union and giving it up. Damn, we even gave up Steamboat Springs now in Colorado
I feel grossly inadequate to the task, but perhaps there's others here with the experience and organizational skills to make such a meet and greet happen.
Task? You seem to be qualified at turning on your PC or similar machine, logging on and typing in understandable sentences. Yep, you meet the qualifications.

Mostly we talk about where we're going diving, what's available and what's needed, and when we're going so others may consider meeting us or avoiding us. Not having a lot of oceanfront property in our area, we talk about the practice pits we do have. So where do you go to dive...?

nanerwaveytrain.gif

Well...a big hello to you all, but I'm headed on a big road trip. Among other things, we have plans to do some dives in Lake Superior and then down to the Bonne Terre Mine.

I hope to see most of you at one time or another at Blue Hole or one of our other "primo" Colorado spots!

Have a great get together at Blue Hole!

Oooo, now that sounds like fun!! Would love to make it up to the Great Lakes area and dive some of those cool wrecks one day. Have fun!

Yeah Kevin, I'm psyched about it. The "other" things that we are doing is getting married! :D Which by the way, I'm also psyched about!:D

My soon to be wife's family live in Northern Wisconsin, right on Lake Superior. Normally, we would probably do quite a few dives up there...but with the wedding and all...we'll probably just get a couple of dives in!:)
There are 4 of us who are divers (including my wife), so dives are part of the wedding festivities.

We also figured that Bon Terre is only about 800 miles out of the way, and we're road tripping anyway, so we added it to the itinerary.:rofl3:

I'll take pix!

Kent

I'll be working this weekend. :( Maybe next time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom