Roatan Best Diving/Best Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check out Sueno del Mar in the west end. I dived with them before the resort was completed, but I liked the dive shop. I did 50 dives with them in '04. I'm going back in late April.

7nights/six days 3x day, plus a night dive- $529. No food inc., don't know/care about the pool.

Wow, this thread has got way too intense! I bet poor Franz has been put off going to Roatan since it now seems that all the local posters want to do is bicker amongst themselves and try to validate why their resort/shop is better with crazy mathematical equations.

Would it not be better for you all to work together on Scubaboard to encourage people that Roatan is a great place to visit rather than get into a bitch fight and try to prove your place is better than all the rest??! It's really not a good image. I know Roatan fairly well, and what you are portraying by arguing amongst each other is giving the whole island a really negative impression - don't get so hung up on petty details or you'll scare all the divers away!

Yeah, I think you are right..... he has been posting over on the Cozumel forum for a couple of weeks. :coffee:

I know this has been gone over here. I have used the search function and looked at all the places. I am planning on a trip in early May with a Dive Buddy. We like to Dive, both of us competent. I just did a week in the BVIs and dove every day there. Both of us single guys, 40 something.

1) Want to be someplace NICE. I realize there is no 4 seasons on Roatan, and I am not expecting that. But I do want a place that is not noisy, that is well kept, has good food and good service.

1a) Pool and nice beach are important.

2) Would prefer a place that has extremely competent dive center on site Looking to do 3-4 dives a day, with a few night dives as well.

2a) Dive center next door would be OK, as long as we can leave gear there to dry etc.

3) Prefer Boat diving............No Cattle boats.

4) Would want Boat Captain to know best dives and be extremely competent.

5) Close to night life and local restaurants.

Would West Bay area be best for us? We did trip to Key Largo 2 years ago and changed hotels because first place was a dump (more like a motel). We wound up at a resort hotel and were much happier.
Hi, I was wondering if you ended up going to Roatan? My husband and I are in the same position as you - trying to decide where to stay. We also have similar tastes in what we want in a dive resort. I think we have decided on Turquoise Bay. My big question now is does the diving differ much from the different ends of the island?
Thanks!

I stayed at the Luna Beach Resort in Feb. I believe that it has all the amenities that you are looking for. I took the breakfast, lunch package and did te short walk in to the West End for dinner and the night life. The pictures on the wbsite don't do it justice. Certainly worth considering. Dive Op on site was quite good.

Hi, I was wondering if you ended up going to Roatan? My husband and I are in the same position as you - trying to decide where to stay. We also have similar tastes in what we want in a dive resort. I think we have decided on Turquoise Bay. My big question now is does the diving differ much from the different ends of the island?
Thanks!

Wow. I had know idea where this thread had gone. I did not go to Roatan, simply because after doing some research decided one week might not be enough for me there, and my expectations were out of line with what the Island is. Wound up booking a trip to Cozumel, only to have to cancel when swine flu outbreak occurred (company policy, no travel to Mexico in May). So we wound up going to Grand Cayman at the last minute.

So unfortunately I have no input for you regarding Roatan, other than the fact I would love to go there. I have 2 weeks off in November. Not even going to say what I am looking for, because I don't really know. Just want to go someplace with great diving, good service, competent dive staff/boat captains and feel like I am a welcome guest.

Hello -

I'm trying to figure out the best plan of attack for a Roatan dive experience. I'll be stopping by in Oct 09 with the Carnival Valor.

Here is what I have so far:
1. Dive with the cruise ship - 2 tank @ Anthony's Key.
2. Shore Dives at Coco View.
3. Boat Dives with [FONT=&quot]Bananarama.

My questions are:
1. Out of the 3 choices above which would be the better dive based on their location and dive sites normally visited ?
2. Are there any pros/cons that would make a decision specifically between [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Bananarama and CocoView easier ?

I'm a novice diver with less than 25 total dives, so I'm not looking for anything fancy. I just like to blow bubbles and see the pretty fish and coral. Deep or shallow - doesn't matter to me, I've done 30 ft to 130ft and had great dives. I also like a slower paced dive where I can actually take my time and look around a bit, I also like to take photos.

Counting down the days to the blue waters of the Caribbean.....
Thanks.

[/FONT]

Hello -

I'm trying to figure out the best plan of attack for a Roatan dive experience. I'll be stopping by in Oct 09 with the Carnival Valor.

Here is what I have so far:
1. Dive with the cruise ship - 2 tank @ Anthony's Key.
2. Shore Dives at Coco View.
3. Boat Dives with [FONT=&quot]Bananarama.

My questions are:
1. Out of the 3 choices above which would be the better dive based on their location and dive sites normally visited ?
2. Are there any pros/cons that would make a decision specifically between [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Bananarama and CocoView easier ?

I'm a novice diver with less than 25 total dives, so I'm not looking for anything fancy. I just like to blow bubbles and see the pretty fish and coral. Deep or shallow - doesn't matter to me, I've done 30 ft to 130ft and had great dives. I also like a slower paced dive where I can actually take my time and look around a bit, I also like to take photos.

Counting down the days to the blue waters of the Caribbean.....
Thanks.

[/FONT]

#1... you should start a new thread to ask your questions rather than tacking it onto another thread which has nothing to do with your questions.
#2...your best bet would be to do the boat dives with Anthony's Key Resort. From everything posted here on SB, they do a great job with it and customers are satisfied.
They do it for all the cruise ships so they have the system down. Since you are a new diver this will give you the least hassles and a good experience overall.
#3....the shore dives at CCV and the boat dives with Bananarama might be okay for you, but you will have to get your own transport to and from those and neither is close to cruise ships. I would go with the boat dives with AKR for that reason.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom