Roatan Honduras: Diving=YES - Bay Islands Beach Resort= NO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amcarlson4:
Thanks Aeolus...
I can start believing once again, that I'm not crazy...

You said "I have been to Roatan about 20 times and I have really enjoyed the diving"
Where have you been? where have you stayed? and where dived?
Annette

Hi Annette,

Sorry for the delay in response. I have stayed at several resorts. I will list them in order of preference, at least for now. Anthony's Key, Fantasy Island, CocoView, Bay Island Beach Resort, and Oak Bay.

I usually stay at Fantasy Island, especially when they have a sale. There are several other resorts which are very good, or so I have heard. Inn of the Last Resort, Luna Beach, and Paya Bay (I am going there in April 22-29). I am sure there are probably many others as well.

I feel like the diving is a little better on the West end or North side as it has been a marine preserve longer. Most of the resorts mostly dive close to their home base except for a one day trip to the other side. From the West end they go to Mary's Place and from the South side they go to the West end to dive the wrecks.

Enjoy your trip - the diving is great.

DSDO

We have been to Fantasy Island ....we had a great time ...everyone was frendly and went out of their way to help anyone ....boats were good solid and roomy ...shore diving was o k the wreck was good ....the nitrox upgrade was a plus ......we are shooting for akr new years ...i work with a dive shop in il that has about 6 trips a year..so we are always looking for recomondations
have fun
Gary

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom